PDA

View Full Version : PC7424 Auto Geek Purchase

Pages : [1] 2

MarkD51
10-25-2012, 01:36 PM
Hello folks,
Just some simple questions about the PC7424, and getting one from Auto Geek.

I gather the PC Machine comes with a 6" Backing Plate, and one 6" white Pad.

I gather some of you have upgraded to the LC Yellow Urethane 5" Backing Plate, and then use 5.5" LC Pads.

Is the standard backing plate something that has to be taken with the machine, or have any of you did some form of instant upgrade at purchase, getting the different LC 5" Backing Plate with just a smaller added cost?

TIA, Mark

Y2KSVT
10-25-2012, 01:56 PM
The PC7424XP comes packaged with the backing plate and white pad, already in the box. You'll need to purchase the 5" backing plate and 5.5" pads, separately. Do not use the white pad that comes with the polisher, it's junk.

DaveT435
10-25-2012, 01:59 PM
Yeah...the factory one isn't a regular backing plate. No hook and loop. You'll want the 5.5 inch pads.

EddieF
10-25-2012, 02:16 PM
You can find a package deal with 5.5 pads. Dont get the 6.5, its a little to much for that machine.

DaveT435
10-25-2012, 02:25 PM
You can find a package deal with 5.5 pads. Dont get the 6.5, its a little to much for that machine.

:iagree:

joche26
10-25-2012, 02:40 PM
The backing plate that comes with the PC is fixed to the pad, meaning its not interchangable, you'll need to get a backing plate in order to use diffrent pads.

MarkD51
10-25-2012, 06:23 PM
Gotcha folks, and mucho thanks!

I sort of assumed such.

Been combing through years of archived posts the past few nights.
Wanna soak in as much knowledge as I can, before I pick up the phone and place any orders. Again thanks folks! Mark

MarkD51
10-25-2012, 06:41 PM
The AG order to get me started will probably go something like this.

1. PC7424XP (maybe might get the longer Cord?)

2. A 9 pack assortment of 5.5" LC Pads, perhaps the CCS Package with the Pinnacle XMT Pad Cleaner, and Conditioner. (Orange-White-Blue Pads, 3 of each)

3 A good assortment of Wolfgang finishing products, which I understand from a comment Meghan once made, Wolfgang "is" Lake County.

4. Pinnacle Clay Bar, and Clay Bar Lube Spray.

5. Small pack of Backing Plate Washers. (probably always good to have these on hand just in case one gets fubared, or lost)

6. Maybe a couple MF Towels, and ? If I can get free shipping, and maybe some compensation, maybe better to do it all at once?

7.Oooh, almost forgot, the 5" Yellow German Urethane Backing Plate for the PC!
Total cost. Betcha I'll be at, or over $500 clams when all is said and done.

Hey, you only live once, reckon that will be my B-Day, and X-Mas present to myself.

As for sealants, I got plenty of Collinite products, but might spring for some Fuzion-Wolfgang, or Souveran?

Anything else you folks maybe wanna add to my order, go ahead!
Mark

Johny B
10-25-2012, 06:48 PM

Well said.The 6.5" pads do not spin easily with the PC.

MarkD51
10-25-2012, 07:53 PM
PS:

I mainly wish to concentrate on "Paint" products at first. Mark

joche26
10-25-2012, 08:08 PM
I took this offer, you can choose your own pad
http://media.commerce-search.net/340a98d43b3c0c13943e966ab1b0376f/d1a88bf0bdcf83e9ccec95eb8f62124f?wm=0&h=125&w=125&bg=FFFFFF&src=http%3A%2F%2Fep.yimg.com%2Fca%2FI%2Fautogeek_2 233_132388830 (http://autogeek.commerce-search.net/redirect?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.autogeek.net%2Flake-country-ccs-pack1.html) Lake Country 5.5 Inch CCS Pads 6 Pack - Your Choice! (http://autogeek.commerce-search.net/redirect?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.autogeek.net%2Flake-country-ccs-pack1.html)
I bought 2 orange, 2 white, 2 black and and added a blue pad. I think that the black pad is essential in your arsenal.

DaveT435
10-25-2012, 08:42 PM
The AG order to get me started will probably go something like this.

1. PC7424XP (maybe might get the longer Cord?)

2. A 9 pack assortment of 5.5" LC Pads, perhaps the CCS Package with the Pinnacle XMT Pad Cleaner, and Conditioner. (Orange-White-Blue Pads, 3 of each)

3 A good assortment of Wolfgang finishing products, which I understand from a comment Meghan once made, Wolfgang "is" Lake County.

4. Pinnacle Clay Bar, and Clay Bar Lube Spray.

5. Small pack of Backing Plate Washers. (probably always good to have these on hand just in case one gets fubared, or lost)

6. Maybe a couple MF Towels, and ? If I can get free shipping, and maybe some compensation, maybe better to do it all at once?

7.Oooh, almost forgot, the 5" Yellow German Urethane Backing Plate for the PC!
Total cost. Betcha I'll be at, or over $500 clams when all is said and done.

Hey, you only live once, reckon that will be my B-Day, and X-Mas present to myself.

As for sealants, I got plenty of Collinite products, but might spring for some Fuzion-Wolfgang, or Souveran?

Anything else you folks maybe wanna add to my order, go ahead!
Mark

Yep...but if you can get 15% off and free shipping...that would almost pay for a can of Souveran. lol Seriously looks like some pretty good choices.

EddieF
10-25-2012, 08:48 PM
And make sure to watch the video that comes with the polisher. Mike explaines everything to a T.

MarkD51
10-25-2012, 09:11 PM
As for which Lake County Pads, I'm a little bit undecided on the 5.5" CCS, or 5.5" Flat Pads?

I thought a seen a 9 pack of the flat pads somewhere?

It is somewhat confusing navigating the AG site I think.

Lots of repeats throughout, and seems like every page I click on, in regards to eithert Buffer, or Pad Options, there's something different, and with a vast array of different prices. Mark

DaveT435
10-25-2012, 09:21 PM
As for which Lake County Pads, I'm a little bit undecided on the 5.5" CCS, or 5.5" Flat Pads?

I thought a seen a 9 pack of the flat pads somewhere?

It is somewhat confusing navigating the AG site I think.

Lots of repeats throughout, and seems like every page I click on, in regards to eithert Buffer, or Pad Options, there's something different, and with a vast array of different prices. Mark

I don't think I have ever seen a 9 pack. 6 packs and 3 packs...I may have missed it though. I know what you mean about the site...then once in a while you see the exact same product with two different prices.