PDA

View Full Version : pads question

s500
10-25-2012, 01:56 AM
i have read that even when cleaning your orange pad it will lose its cut and you will need 3 or 4 pads for one car. is this true and is it for all the color pads. if so which pads wont need replacing as fast.thanks

jpegs13
10-25-2012, 05:57 AM
I can't imagine a pad losing it's cut. The pad is composed of the same material through and through. The reason for 3-4 pads is because they get dirty and can no longer be cleaned "on the fly".
I've had some pads for a long time, after they get cleaned up, they work good as new.

BobbyG
10-25-2012, 06:14 AM
I agree with John, pads are generally uniform throughout and as long as they're cleaned routinely they'll perform just fine...

s500
10-25-2012, 07:14 PM
I can't imagine a pad losing it's cut. The pad is composed of the same material through and through. The reason for 3-4 pads is because they get dirty and can no longer be cleaned "on the fly".
I've had some pads for a long time, after they get cleaned up, they work good as new.

I agree with John, pads are generally uniform throughout and as long as they're cleaned routinely they'll perform just fine...

thanks guys thats what i thought i guess some companies are just trying to make you think that way to purchase more pads