PDA

View Full Version : Can spot the "Real American Pit Bull Terrior"?

wytstang
04-21-2007, 01:24 AM
After seeing what some of these breeds are it's no wonder APBT get blamed for everything. But can YOU pick the real APBT out of 20+ breeds that are commonly incorrectly identified as pit bulls
Pet Pitbull - Find the Pit Bull (http://www.pitbullsontheweb.com/petbull/findpit.html)

Totoland Mach
04-21-2007, 06:17 AM
I've seen that and it's good. The local pitbull rescue organization here in Kansas City had a TV reporter look at that and she missed it by a mile.

My wife and I had 3 pitbulls from rescues and we are down to 1 pit and 1 lab mix. The city banned the breed this year...so that's probably the end of rescuing terriers for us (and if your insurance company finds out...it's really a mess)

What a shame that the dog get's blamed for the actions of the owners!

wytstang
04-21-2007, 11:53 AM
So true

StephenK
04-24-2007, 12:24 PM
i hope this link works. i will warn you the video is VERY graphic so watch at you own risk. i have this site bookmarked for about 5 years now and everytime i watch this video and other videos like it i cry. it is a shame what people do to dogs. especially this breed.

American Pit Bull Terrier Network (http://www.apbtconformation.com/movie.htm)

another site to checkout is ATTS - American Temperament Test Society, Inc. - Home (http://www.atts.org)
look at how many breeds have a worse passing rate. also look at the number of dogs have been tested in each breed.

P1et
04-24-2007, 12:41 PM
My friend had a pitbull puppy, very cute dog. Too bad he kicked the crap out of it every single time the poor puppy would eve make the slightest mistake. Very sad...

AUdakota
04-24-2007, 12:43 PM
Ill be honest it took about 3 tries before I got it.

I agree dogs if raised correctly are perfectly tame regardless of breed, I think people just raise pitbulls to be mean so as soon as a story about one getting hold of someone comes up everyone wants to kill every pit they can find.

StephenK
04-24-2007, 12:51 PM
dogs are like kids. if you raise a kid to be mean the kid will grow up mean. just like any dog breed. and when a"pitbull" "attacks" someone it is never said what that person was doing before the "attack". for all we know that 10year old kid could have been hitting the dog with a stick or rocks for a month straight. then one day the kid got to close and the dog got his revenge. now who is to blame for that? the dog? or the kid tormenting the dog for a month?

Adde
04-24-2007, 04:15 PM
i got it on my first try ! woho i like pits our family has a golden but i wanted a rott, thers a very agressive dobberman down the street now thoese dogs scare me :P

ryandamartini
04-24-2007, 07:34 PM
was a 2nd time for me, got the the pit mixed up with the argentino, hehe. I hope to get one someday, such sweet animals when raised properly. :)

mingraygt
04-24-2007, 07:35 PM
i got it on my first try ! woho i like pits our family has a golden but i wanted a rott, thers a very agressive dobberman down the street now thoese dogs scare me :PWhy would a Doberman scare you??

Ritchie Lee
04-24-2007, 09:02 PM
Cool! Found it first try. I once was given a Pit-Chow mix (a chit). She was golden-red ,short hair, and a trace of Chow on her tounge. Great dog would keep most people in their car. Survived a barb-wire fence, the neighbors German Shepard and a Rattle Snake. Loved to chase rabbits. No problem with kids and other dogs.

Adde
04-24-2007, 10:34 PM
Why would a Doberman scare you??

idk, I used to go to spain for vacation when I was little and a lot of the "rich" houses that ha dob's that were very agressive, and now for the fact that the neighbors dob is not allowed anywhere any of the other dogs in the neighbor hood, and tried to bite my dog when it was a puppy last year just scares me? its not the breed that does just that particular one.

wytstang
04-25-2007, 12:07 AM
was a 2nd time for me, got the the pit mixed up with the argentino, hehe. I hope to get one someday, such sweet animals when raised properly. :)
I almost picked the Dogo Argentino as well, but man this dog is like there twin breed
http://www.pitbullsontheweb.com/petbull/image/findpit/b16.jpg
I could mistake it for a pitt bull.

David Fermani
04-25-2007, 08:25 PM
Aren't Dogo's usually alot bigger than pits? I use to have a Staffordshire Bull Terrier, which is kinda like a mini pit and sometimes refered to as an English pit bull.