PDA

View Full Version : Busted Trigger on my Dyna :(

richy
10-24-2012, 08:48 AM
I'm working on this Roush Mustang right now (it's taking me forever, <sigh>) and in the middle of the job, the trigger stops working on my Dynabrade rotary. This is why you need a backup for every important tool you have. I hate my backup rotary....soft start, no power..yuck...but, I was able to finish the job with it. Ordering a new switch from Detroit for $55 and I will hopefully have it back up and running next week.

kemefk
10-24-2012, 09:35 AM
Richy, what do you use as a backup rotary?

Hoytman
10-24-2012, 10:07 AM
Do you have the Dynabrade with the adjustable handle that turns side to side? How much did your Dyna run you? How long have you had it?

richy
10-24-2012, 10:42 AM
Richy, what do you use as a backup rotary?
It's this cheap unit I got at a discount tool store in Canada. It's made by Coleman of all things. I had actually bought it just to be a backup due to its low price. I'll tell you one thing: It really makes you appreciate a fine machine when you have to subsitute it with something else!

Do you have the Dynabrade with the adjustable handle that turns side to side? How much did your Dyna run you? How long have you had it?
Chris, mine is the 51580. It is a few years old..I don't remember if I've had it 4 or 5 years. Here is a link to one:
Dynabrade 51580 7 - 8 Inch 11 Amp Electric Rotary BufferProSource Center distributor Schluter System, Kerdi, Membrane, Ditra, Sanding Discs, Sanding Belts, Power Tools (http://www.prosourcecenter.com/servlet/the-1252/Dynabrade-51580-7--dsh-/Detail)
Mine does not have the adjustable handle due to its age. There are 2 things I love about it: no soft start and the ton of torque it has.

Hoytman
10-24-2012, 12:00 PM
It's this cheap unit I got at a discount tool store in Canada. It's made by Coleman of all things. I had actually bought it just to be a backup due to its low price. I'll tell you one thing: It really makes you appreciate a fine machine when you have to subsitute it with something else!

Chris, mine is the 51580. It is a few years old..I don't remember if I've had it 4 or 5 years. Here is a link to one:
Dynabrade 51580 7 - 8 Inch 11 Amp Electric Rotary BufferProSource Center distributor Schluter System, Kerdi, Membrane, Ditra, Sanding Discs, Sanding Belts, Power Tools (http://www.prosourcecenter.com/servlet/the-1252/Dynabrade-51580-7--dsh-/Detail)
Mine does not have the adjustable handle due to its age. There are 2 things I love about it: no soft start and the ton of torque it has.

Thanks richy!
v
v
v
v
v
v
v :laughing:

richy
10-24-2012, 12:45 PM
Thanks richy!
v
v
v
v
v
v
v :laughing:

You're welcome George!! :laughing::laughing::cheers:

Hoytman
10-24-2012, 12:59 PM
I've certainly been called worse than that.

:laughing::cheers: