PDA

View Full Version : Waterproof work gloves for washing??

QuantumX
10-23-2012, 08:34 AM
Greetings all. I'm wondering if any of the more experienced people on here can advise me? I've been looking for a while for a type of work glove that is waterproof but breathable for washing vehicles in colder weather. This is all in an effort to help keep fingers warm and dry, but not soggy with sweat. I work for a car rental outfit in Canada and as the nastier weather approaches I figure its time to prepare. I've tried nitrite gloves under work gloves but the cold is still passed onto the fingers.
Thanks in advance for any ideas!!

ihaveacamaro
10-23-2012, 09:17 AM
In my experience, Nitrile is waterproof, but not weatherproof :( I'm not sure I know of anything that is weatherproof...

Only thing I know for sure is a heated garage! Lol

Hand Warmers are sold in all kinds of store. You just shake them for about two minutes and they warm you up for about five hours. You could stick that in your gloves??

Hoytman
10-23-2012, 09:25 AM
I'd say your best bet is to look into buying some almost elbow length neoprene duck hunting gloves. Try looking at Cabela's.

kenallwine
10-23-2012, 10:45 AM
I have read good things about SealSkinz Waterproof Gripper Gloves. They are available at REI. I am going to get a pair to try out myself soon.

Hoytman
10-23-2012, 10:46 AM
I have read good things about SealSkinz Waterproof Gripper Gloves. They are available at REI. I am going to get a pair to try out myself soon.

I was going to mention those, as they'be been around for years, but I didn't mention them because I've never used them. I've heard mixed reports.

wgilles
10-23-2012, 10:54 AM

+1 I have a pair, they are legit. Great for winter washing

QuantumX
10-25-2012, 06:27 PM
Thanks for the responses!! I'll look into those:dblthumb2:

rustytruck
10-25-2012, 06:37 PM
I am a mailman and have been for 15 years. Seal skinz are good. I have never tried washing a car with them on but they are mailman approved for the nasty New England weather.

Vegas Transplant
10-25-2012, 08:37 PM
I usually double up on the blue nitriles...but then again, I've never had to deal with temps that you experience.

Wow those sealskinz can get pricey...GL44331 L $394.00

ski2
10-26-2012, 07:48 AM
I've been using a pair of these neoprene gloves from Deluth Trading for the past 10 years and find them to be great. Form fitting so it's easy to grip wash media etc.

http://www.duluthtrading.com/store/product/neoprene-gloves-neoprene-waterproof-gloves-90034.aspx?p_redirect=1&p_keyword=neoprene gloves&p_origin=MN_Home_Nov12

wikkid
10-26-2012, 08:56 AM
Those Duluth Trading gloves look great. Like a wetsuit for your hands.

baddna3
10-26-2012, 09:16 AM
What I usually do is use warm not hot water in your wash bucket then any gloves seem to work. This way you do get some relief from the extreem cold.

ski2
10-26-2012, 02:14 PM
Those Duluth Trading gloves look great. Like a wetsuit for your hands.

Exactly!! When I lived in New Hampshire I often had to wash my car outside (my garage didn''t have a drain and was uninsulated) in the sun when the temps where in the high 30s and the Duluth gloves never failed me. They fit snuggly and the palms grip well.