PDA

View Full Version : M105 & M205 Questions.

Vitric
10-22-2012, 06:10 PM
Does M205 get rid of M105 swirls? What's your technique? Whats your setup? Let's talk black paint. :dblthumb2:

Mike@DedicatedPerfection
10-22-2012, 06:16 PM
Yes. M205 was formulated to remove any hazing that M105 left behind.

I just did a red Corvette awhile back with a Meguiar's G110v2. Although not black the 205 did a great job bringing back the gloss.

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/show-n-shine/56236-victoryred-s-corvette-meets-mikes-detail-shop.html

Divine Details
10-22-2012, 06:21 PM
Yes 205 is made to clean up 105 but depending on the hardness of the paint plays a big role also.

If the paint is soft even 205 will leave a haze on the paint.

On the other had if the paint is exceptionally hard you might not even need 205.

What brand is the car with black paint u are referring to? :buffing:

Chad @ divine details

Vitric
10-22-2012, 06:23 PM
I'm just talking in general. Just picking out compounds. I'm starting a buisness this spring. Lots of work!!

Divine Details
10-22-2012, 06:29 PM
Where in Wisconsin r u I'm right down near galena il if ur close u could come down and try some of my compounds and see what u like

Chad @ divine details

Vitric
10-22-2012, 06:33 PM
Hey thanks a lot!!! I'm from Watertown I work in Waukesha

AutowerxDetailing
10-22-2012, 06:46 PM
Where in Wisconsin r u I'm right down near galena il if ur close u could come down and try some of my compounds and see what u like

Chad @ divine details

That's why this forum is awesome.

ARizzle
10-22-2012, 06:53 PM
That's why this forum is awesome.

Totally!

Divine Details
10-22-2012, 07:31 PM
Yeah I'm about 2.5hr away from u but ur welcome to come down sometime.

Maybe there is someone closer that could do the same.

Chad @ divine details

Divine Details
10-22-2012, 07:32 PM
Totally!

Yeah I'm about 2.5hr away from u but ur welcome to come down sometime.

Maybe there is someone closer that could do the same.

Chad @ divine details

AlpineWhiteBMW
10-22-2012, 07:43 PM
Hey guys, I just finished detailing a car with these two products and it was my first time using them. I was very impressed with the results but the only thing that had me stumped was it seemed the compound was very hard to remove at time. Did I use to much? Anyone with any tips on how to make this a little easier to remove it would be greatly appreciated.

chefnick
10-22-2012, 07:44 PM
Compounds i love and use everyday.
Meg 105
Menzerna power gloss
Blackfire

Swirl removers
menzerna super intense
Menzerna intense universal polish

Finishing polish
Meg 205
Blackfire finishing

Sealants
Blackfire wet diamond
DP poly coat

Machine
Makita rotory
Flex DA
PC orbital

ANY QUESTIONS CONTACT ME 3523215585 Nick (Auto Detailing Concepts)

Mike@DedicatedPerfection
10-22-2012, 07:48 PM
Hey guys, I just finished detailing a car with these two products and it was my first time using them. I was very impressed with the results but the only thing that had me stumped was it seemed the compound was very hard to remove at time. Did I use to much? Anyone with any tips on how to make this a little easier to remove it would be greatly appreciated.

Sounds like you over used the product. Did you first prime it and then just add 3-4 pea size drops?

The Moose
10-22-2012, 09:00 PM

You can spritz it with a quick-detailer before wiping to help it come off. Part of the process is to remove the product while its still a bit "wet"... and the wetness helps it all come off. I'm still a bit of a newb with 105/205 as far as how much do use, i think i use too much sometimes, it gets the results i want, but jams/cakes up the pads (CCS) after a few panels (hood and roof, then time to change or clean).