PDA

View Full Version : Next Thrifty vs Fifty being edited now, can you guess what products?

ihaveacamaro
10-22-2012, 01:26 PM
What's up guys? I hope you enjoyed my first episode of Thrifty vs Fifty (http://tinyurl.com/8e8weub).

The next episode is on APC on tires. It should be edited and up on youtube within a couple of hours.

I have to say there are some surprising results. You guys curious to know what happens? Think you know what products I used?

Let's hear it! :xyxthumbs:

TroyScherer
10-22-2012, 01:40 PM
I'll say TuffShine vs. Meg's APC....

Vegas Transplant
10-22-2012, 01:43 PM
LA Awesome?
Simple Green?
:joking:

Wors
10-22-2012, 01:44 PM
Meguiars? ZEP?

Divine Details
10-22-2012, 02:05 PM
D103 the best!!

Chad @ divine details

Kinalyx
10-22-2012, 02:41 PM
doubt these are them, but i have a few ideas

Pad cleaner vs dawn or the like
MF detergent vs normal or baby detergent

possibly sonax or another high end wheel cleaner vs APC?

Shawn

ihaveacamaro
10-22-2012, 03:35 PM
One product has been mentioned, but not the other. Youtube says another 67 minutes for this upload lol!

Setec Astronomy
10-22-2012, 05:33 PM
Hey, nice test...I have some comments though...

(It was LA's Totally Awesome vs. Optimum Power Clean)

You tested both products at a 3:1 dilution ratio. OPC was 6 times the price of LA, you could have tried LA at 2:1, 1:1, or straight. Based on your results, it would seem that the LA might have matched the OPC at a higher dilution, and still been tons cheaper.

Likewise, in your bonus Tuf Shine test, the Tuf Shine is available in a gallon at ACC for $40, so, size-for-size, it's only a bit more expensive than OPC. Perhaps OPC at 2:1 would equal the Tuf Shine, and at a better price point.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1MhKu-RZTX0&list=UU5J5IuU4tD3xvw2rBqt2KUQ&index=1&feature=plcp]Thrifty Vs Fifty Ep 2 : Optimum Power Clean vs LA's Totally Awesome HD - YouTube[/video]

ihaveacamaro
10-22-2012, 05:51 PM

You tested both products at a 3:1 dilution ratio. OPC was 6 times the price of LA, you could have tried LA at 2:1, 1:1, or straight. Based on your results, it would seem that the LA might have matched the OPC at a higher dilution, and still been tons cheaper.

Likewise, in your bonus Tuf Shine test, the Tuf Shine is available in a gallon at ACC for $40, so, size-for-size, it's only a bit more expensive than OPC. Perhaps OPC at 2:1 would equal the Tuf Shine, and at a better price point.

Thrifty Vs Fifty Ep 2 : Optimum Power Clean vs LA's Totally Awesome HD - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1MhKu-RZTX0&list=UU5J5IuU4tD3xvw2rBqt2KUQ&index=1&feature=plcp)

Ah you beat me to it! I was actually doing a quick wash of my car while it uploaded.

I'm going to quote and answer your question on the new thread I made, as having two of these threads is a bit redundant :xyxthumbs:

Vegas Transplant
10-22-2012, 05:54 PM

Well said :props:

If I were going the $6/gallon route, I would choose the purple power - somewhere around $7 I think, and walks the dog on LATA.