PDA

View Full Version : Winter, Spray Sealant only?

Pages : [1] 2

Bigbull2984
10-21-2012, 07:24 PM
Does anyone do this? Maybe only use Opti Seal, BFCS, UPG, or the new WG deep gloss seal for winter.

Prep car with clay and polish and just straight to a liquid seal, logical or would this be nuts?

Has anyone tried this?

Dr Oldz
10-21-2012, 08:26 PM
I can say that 2 coats of UPGP is rather durable and I see no problems using it for a winter sealant.

VP Mark
10-21-2012, 08:32 PM
Why would that be nuts? Are you worried about your LSP not not curing? Might take a bit longer but unless it is REALLY cold it should still cure eventually.

Bigbull2984
10-21-2012, 08:40 PM
I can say that 2 coats of UPGP is rather durable and I see no problems using it for a winter sealant.

Thanks Jim, Would BFCS be the same? I have tons of that in my stash right now.

I was going to send you a PM if this was better or Turtle Wax:laughing::laughing:

Bigbull2984
10-21-2012, 08:41 PM
Why would that be nuts? Are you worried about your LSP not not curing? Might take a bit longer but unless it is REALLY cold it should still cure eventually.

Its one of those things just too easy to be true.

Jeff120
10-21-2012, 09:10 PM
These new spray sealants feels like we are cheating! I used Reload today, 2 coats as my winter protection. We'll see how it goes. If it seems to be dying off I can hit it with OPT spray wax or a spray sealant pretty easy.

rwright
10-21-2012, 09:34 PM
I used 1 coat of DG 601/105 on our Regal last year and it lasted all winter. This year I'm testing Four Star Ultimate Paint Protection and will maintain with Ultima Paint Guard Plus as needed.

Bigbull2984
10-21-2012, 09:39 PM
I used 1 coat of DG 601/105 on our Regal last year and it lasted all winter. This year I'm testing Four Star Ultimate Paint Protection and will maintain with Ultima Paint Guard Plus as needed.

Hey man, I am doing that combo on one car(105/601), that will be the official winter beater combo.

Dr Oldz
10-21-2012, 09:57 PM

I was going to send you a PM if this was better or Turtle Wax:laughing::laughing:

Hahaha LOL!

I never tried BFCS but I am sure they are very similar.

Bigbull2984
10-22-2012, 08:29 AM
These new spray sealants feels like we are cheating! I used Reload today, 2 coats as my winter protection. We'll see how it goes. If it seems to be dying off I can hit it with OPT spray wax or a spray sealant pretty easy.

Same feeling I have. Spend hours polishing and LSP can be done in 15 minutes with 2 coats:props:

TroyScherer
10-22-2012, 08:47 AM

BFCS is suppose to be more durable than UPGP. So I would guess you would be fine. Even if you need to top it up once a moth or so I would guess everything will be good.

PA DETAILER
10-22-2012, 10:04 AM
2 coats of BFCS on mine. and since its so easy, added two coats of BFMS spray wax.

BillyJack
10-22-2012, 10:45 AM
My winter DD is an ancient Olds Intrigue which spends 24/7 outside in Western PA. For the past two winters, I've done a coat of Collinite 845, then a quick midwinter topping with Optimum's Spray Wax whenever weather allows. I've had beading that lasts thru spring.

Bill

Ronnie
12-29-2012, 09:39 AM
here is a picture of a Cayenne finished with Orchard Autocare Speed Seal spray Sealant. I love this for its ease of use and the brilliant finish. Plus it can be used on plastics and glass as well. so its a complete all rounder. The problem with some spray sealants is they are just heavily diluted versions of a sealant and give little or no performance, when properly made tehy are on a par with anything else out there.

http://i614.photobucket.com/albums/tt229/rollogillespie_bucket/cay02.jpg

swanicyouth
12-29-2012, 01:24 PM
I think a "spray sealant" like V7, AquaWax, or CG Blitz would not be very durable. However, the products you list are not really "spray sealants", they are WOWA sealants (wipe on, walk away). These are much more durable than "spray sealants", which are basically just quick detailers that last a little longer in my experience.

Spray sealants are more for refreshing a sealant or a wax after a wash. WOWA sealant are perfectly fine to be used as a lone LSP.