PDA

View Full Version : ONR Dilution Question

vman
10-20-2012, 03:31 PM
So onr QD has a dilution of 1:16 and their clay lube is 1:64. I have a gallon of onr at QD strength already mixed up and was wondering if I could use that concentration instead of the clay lube one. I read somewhere on the forums that too much slickness in your clay lube can cause the clay to slide over the contaminants and not pick them up. Is there any truth to this?

Another thing I was wondering is if there were any benefits/disadvantages to adding more than 1 oz of product to a gallon for rinseless washes. Would 2 oz to a gallon reduce the chances of potential scratches from a more soiled car? Or would product just be wasted.

BobbyG
10-20-2012, 03:37 PM
Here's straight from their web page...

Add 1 ounce of No Rinse Wash & Shine to 2 gallons of water to make an excellent no rinse car wash. Soak a microfiber towel in the solution and wash your vehicle with the wet towel. Dry each section with another microfiber towel. There’s no need to rinse! The lubricants and substantive polymers in the formula will protect your vehicle from abrasion as it safely cleans all vehicle surfaces. The polymers encapsulate dirt and cause it to drop to the bottom of the bucket. No Rinse Wash & Shine actually cleans the wash water as it cleans your vehicle! And it leaves your vehicle super slick, like it was just waxed!

Add 1 ounce to wash water made with your regular car wash. No Rinse Wash & Shine’s advanced polymers and lubricants offer more surface protection and slickness than ordinary car soap alone. It acts as a water softener and conditioner to improve the quality of the water that touches your vehicle to provide the ultimate safe wash.

Add 2 ounces of No Rinse Wash & Shine to a gallon of water to make a super-slick clay bar lubricant. Wet the surface of your vehicle to provide a slippery protective layer beneath Opti-clay. After you’ve clayed each section, simply wipe it dry. This solution is as effective as any clay lubricant you can buy!

Add 8 ounces of No Rinse Wash & Shine to a gallon of water to make an excellent quick detailer. Fill up a spray bottle with this mixture and use it to clean and shine your vehicle, just as you would use a traditional detailer. The proprietary polymers bond to the paint surface to protect it from abrasion and micro-marring as you clean. The incredible formula leaves your vehicle extremely slick and glossy, like you just applied wax!

swanicyouth
10-20-2012, 03:43 PM
I used to use the 1:16 dilution for clay lube before I got a gallon of Meg's Final Inspection QD for a nickel. It's fine that way, remember most clay lubes are strait QD. I think more has to do with technique and the aggressiveness of the clay.

When using ONR as a rinseless (v 3.0) I use 3 oz with 4 gallons of water and pre-spray the panel with a waterless wash. I think adding much more ONR than that is a waste. I again think more depends on technique and how dirty the car is. I think you would be better served using the extra ONR as a QD solution to pre- treat the panel.

Of course, all this is just my opinion.

ihaveacamaro
10-20-2012, 05:48 PM
So onr QD has a dilution of 1:16 and their clay lube is 1:64. I have a gallon of onr at QD strength already mixed up and was wondering if I could use that concentration instead of the clay lube one. I read somewhere on the forums that too much slickness in your clay lube can cause the clay to slide over the contaminants and not pick them up. Is there any truth to this?

Another thing I was wondering is if there were any benefits/disadvantages to adding more than 1 oz of product to a gallon for rinseless washes. Would 2 oz to a gallon reduce the chances of potential scratches from a more soiled car? Or would product just be wasted.

1) Nothing more to add to Bobby's post

2) I don't think adding more product will help. On really heavily soiled cars, I would pressure washer rinse, and then go to waterless wash.

rustytruck
10-20-2012, 06:02 PM
When you use to much it leaves milky looking streaks on the paint. I find it is better to use a little less than what is recommended when doing washes.

Chris Thomas
10-20-2012, 07:55 PM
The only reason to ad more is if you have hard water. Some of the polymers can be used up softening it. If you don't have hard water you'd be better off to make two gallons with 1oz, then dump it after half he car and make two fresh gallons with 1oz to finish than to use 2 oz in 2 gallons for the whole car.