PDA

View Full Version : Foam Gun

scooterguitar
05-21-2006, 11:39 AM
Wahts' the purpose, doe sit do somehting different than a bucket and mitt? I heard presoak, but what does presoak do? Take me through it please.

ScottB
05-21-2006, 11:57 AM
A foam gun is basically a canister (to be filled with soap) attached to a pressure gun that helps to coat a car. Presoaking is the ability to soap the entire car prior to washing and allowing the soap to remove/reduce and surface contaminents. You will still likely need a bucket (clean water) to wash mitt, and a mitt itself. The benefit is any less dirt on the finish is less likely to swirl or cut into the clearcoat. They also make washing faster, as very easy to use and direct soap and water where wanted.

scooterguitar
05-21-2006, 12:01 PM
Very good. Hmm, let's see, get my next order in, then the Porter, nwo this. I need a credit line here!

NissanOwner
05-21-2006, 04:05 PM
I realized quickly when I found this forum and purchasing products that this was a very expensive hobby. Its even more expensive than my golf, but I don't golf as much anymore since I've been detailing the cars.:D

Neothin
05-21-2006, 08:12 PM
foam guns are very versatile. from a washing standpoint, you can do everything from replacing the soap bucket with it all the way to my (somewhat crazy) method of using multiple sheepskin mitts, a couple of rinse buckets, a soap bucket, and the gun to wash with causing little to no swirling at all when you wash the car. In addition to this, foam guns are able to do more than just help wash cars. Ever find an engine that was just completely covered in crap... to the point you didn't even want to try to clean it? You can put an all purpose cleaner into the foam gun and thoroughly drench the engine bay with cleaner to help speed up the cleaning process. same goes with undercarriages. heck, i've even used some cleaning solution in mine to help me clean my back patio.

well worth the investment!

GearHead_1
05-21-2006, 08:43 PM
You will still likely need a bucket (clean water) to wash mitt, and a mitt itself.

2 or 3 mitts would even be better. Get one dirty and start fresh mid wash.

scooterguitar
05-21-2006, 09:05 PM
Teh detailing thing is new to me, in my old age of approaching mid 30's! I neevr clean the engine, degrease it a few times a year and that's it. Only person I show it to is my mechanic:>)

Neothin
05-21-2006, 09:40 PM
i have one of those typical tuner cars, i show my engine to alot of people :-P

just think though, if you do one completely thorough cleaning, it will only need light maintenance work for upkeep.

Mike T
06-27-2006, 09:33 PM
Ok what about washing in direct sunlight in the Foam Gun? Its pretty hot right now, and when I wash on the weekend I can never seem to get it done fast enough before the water dries leaving perma spots. Not to mention if you miss some soap and it dries into the finish.

abrcrombe
06-27-2006, 09:42 PM
My trick is to just wait until the sun comes down. If there is no way of doing this, consider a canopy if you can afford one.