PDA

View Full Version : Question about Gold Plush Jr Microfiber towel & Quick detailing

ShineMyCar
10-20-2012, 12:25 PM
Still a greenhorn working through products and supplies to learn car care.

I got the VIP cobra towel kit and have found that Purple towels are good for final drying of car, and grey for buffing product off car.

The Yellow towels that came with it, I'm having a difficulty finding a use for them. I"m pretty sure they were the Gold Plush Jr Microfiber towel. They are said to be good for Quick Detailing in product description.

I'm finding them to be supersoft on one side but not very absorbant at all. When I quick detail with them, I always have streaks left over. Washed my car with McGuiars Gold and did some quick sampling with ONR QD mix and while it absorbed some, it always left streaks behind the wipe.

* Is this streak and let dry a normal part of Quick Detailing - or should I be buffing til it's dry.

* Is there a better use for this MF towel?

* Is there a better towel for QD work?

Thanks

jjj
10-20-2012, 12:36 PM
Still a greenhorn working through products and supplies to learn car care.

I got the VIP cobra towel kit and have found that Purple towels are good for final drying of car, and grey for buffing product off car.

The Yellow towels that came with it, I'm having a difficulty finding a use for them. I"m pretty sure they were the Gold Plush Jr Microfiber towel. They are said to be good for Quick Detailing in product description.

I'm finding them to be supersoft on one side but not very absorbant at all. When I quick detail with them, I always have streaks left over. Washed my car with McGuiars Gold and did some quick sampling with ONR QD mix and while it absorbed some, it always left streaks behind the wipe.

* Is this streak and let dry a normal part of Quick Detailing - or should I be buffing til it's dry.

* Is there a better use for this MF towel?

* Is there a better towel for QD work?

Thanks

Light buffing is ok on clean surface. I find the Gold plush to be good at removing WOWO waxes, like pinnacle souveran, s100 etc. I also use it with QD's that have carnauba in them, like crystal mist etc. These are JMO.

vman
10-20-2012, 01:15 PM
I usually buff off the QD til its dry. I wipe off the product on one side of the microfiber, flip it over and do another pass as the final buff. It should be streak free after that.

ihaveacamaro
10-20-2012, 05:56 PM
I use my HD drying towel (that I got in the VIP) with waterless washes and QDs