PDA

View Full Version : amazing how things change

RTexasF
10-19-2012, 07:53 PM
For the past eight years I have been using the grandaddy of waterless wash products (invented 1987) along with many others. They will all remain nameless since many are not sold here. When I first inquired about this type of product in 2004 I was told they would mar the paint, can't work, won't work, will ruin the paint, and on & on. No one had used any of them by the way but all the experts "Knew" they couldn't work. This fine advice was offered on various detailing forums most of which are ancient history now and should be.

Now look around.....there are so many new waterless wash products from major manufacturers and they are becoming widely accepted. I'm so glad I didn't listen to those morons back then and took my own road. Those products made me many thousands of dollars over the years and never once did any of them cause a problem. Some are better than others but all seem to work at least reasonably well. Now even Pinnacle has come out with one.....that's hard core friends.

I'm glad to see these new products evolve and quite happy that I saw the future so many years ago. If you haven't tried any of these then you are well behind the curve and need to catch up. Our household wouldn't even function without Poorboy's Spray & Wipe. Try some of the old & some of the new products, you'll be well surprised.

Thoughts?

RTexasF
10-19-2012, 08:08 PM
That's a rinseless wash and not what I'm talking about at all.....totally different product. Waterless spray on wipe off products is what the thread is about not rinseless. I'm amazed how many folks don't know the difference between the two.

VISITOR
10-19-2012, 08:14 PM
like anything else.. once someone introduces a product, you can count on many competitors to follow. it's just finding out which one suits your needs (yes, that means trying out as many as you can). kinda reminds of QD's, everyone has one these days. some are great and others are not so much...

RTexasF
10-19-2012, 08:16 PM
Any other thoughts on spray on wipe off wash products?