PDA

View Full Version : Opticoat 2.0 application error--what now?

mattsg
10-19-2012, 08:42 AM
I need some advice. I put opti coat on my nearly new G37 a few days ago and it looks fantastic. What I realized after the fact was that I may have messed up on the application. After I did a light polish and IPA wiped own I decided to go back over the paint with Pinnacle cleansing lotion just to make sure it was prepped. I think this was a mistake as I did not do another IPA wipe down after. So, question is, how much have I lessened its effectiveness? What should I do now? I have about 10cc left. Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

Old Tiger
10-19-2012, 09:09 AM
Since PCL has oils, it will likely affect the bonding. I would wait and see. The worst case is you repolish, clean surface and use the remaining half of OC to reapply. If the weather is good now you can polish, prep and recoat now. You can hand polish if you want.

mwoolfso
10-19-2012, 01:01 PM
I would wait and see as well. If the oils had a significant bond to begin with you would never be able to seal after this product.

Chris Thomas
10-19-2012, 01:37 PM
I would wait until you've washed it a couple of times and see if it starts to fall away. No reason to reapply if you don't have to. If the product bonded to the product, it will wear off with the product.