PDA

View Full Version : HELP with leather seat please.........

ssnobrakes
10-18-2012, 08:19 PM
My DD (04 MB e320) with 85 k miles has been showing wear on the drivers seat. Today I noticed some green looking stain/wear on the seat. I figured it was possibly my green work pants had rubbed off on the seat, so I used some of my Griots leather cleaner to clean the seat. It made it look worse and now Im afraid I have rubbed off the tan colored dye off the leather. Does anyone have suggestions on how to take care of this......Will I have to re-dye the seat? How would I find the right color? Is it easy to re-dye/repair?........Should I just go to a leather repair expert?.....HELP ! Thanks in advance

ScubaCougr
10-19-2012, 08:55 PM
Pictures please.

It's probably a long shot that you have rubbed the tan dye off. More likely the cleaner spread the green around. If the job is to try and raise/remove the green from the leather, two ideas.

Leather Master Dye Transfer Remover, leather cleaner, dye remover, ink remover (http://www.autogeek.net/leather-master-dye-transfer-remover.html)

Or Leatherique and see if that lifts the stain out: Leatherique leather care & restoration products are available in the Leatherique 16 ounce kit! Clean leather seats with leatherique! (http://www.autogeek.net/le16ozkit.html)

Good luck, this can be tricky and ultimately a professional re-dye might be needed.

ihaveacamaro
10-19-2012, 09:48 PM
apc can be used to take stains out, but if there is no dye there, I don't know how it will affect it.

Vegas Transplant
10-19-2012, 09:57 PM
My DD (04 MB e320)...
Griots leather cleaner...
...Im afraid I have rubbed off the tan colored dye off the leather.

It's probably a long shot that you have rubbed the tan dye off.

Did you purchase this DD new, or used?
Possibly re-dyed at some point?

ssnobrakes
10-21-2012, 06:04 PM
Thanks for the replies.........Im not the original owner, but I know the seats/dye are original. To dark to post pictures. Maybe tomorrow if I have time. I used a soft brush with Zymol leather cleaner and it does look better. I think I will try the APC thing before I look into a leather expert. Thanks again.:idea:

A-train
10-21-2012, 07:28 PM
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/12/10/22/qy3y5asy.jpg

Here is a 50/50 of a seat I did with chemical guys leather cleaner at 6:1 and a scrub brush. That's a great cleaner and better than any apc's I've tried.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

Divine Details
10-22-2012, 10:27 AM
Get the leatherique system it is amazing at cleaning leather. And it makes ur leather soft again to.

Chad @ divine details

GS2011
10-22-2012, 12:03 PM
Get the leatherique system it is amazing at cleaning leather. And it makes ur leather soft again to.

Chad @ divine details

:iagree:

master detailer
10-22-2012, 12:36 PM
. i have a man that comes to my area evey 2 weeks and if you need him he comes and will do it real nice. not cheap like 150 a seat or 500.00 for seats and carpit. you can do it your self if you like and the paint store will make you the color you need to match.but its 80.00 for 1 can to match.there are alot of dies you can buy.If it was me clean the rest of the sets in the back then cond. then see where your at.

Vegas Transplant
10-22-2012, 01:27 PM
Thanks for the replies...To dark to post pictures. Maybe tomorrow if I have time. Thanks again.:idea:

:postpics: