PDA

View Full Version : Buffing off wax with quick detailer.

NAVYJOE11
10-18-2012, 04:35 PM
Looking for input on as to whether or not it would be of any benefit to buff of wax with a spritz of QD. I understand some use it to get off streaky wax and residue, but would it provide any added benefit to use while buffing all the time or is this just a waste of QD.

Also, im looking into getting some FK 425 but i see that UWW+ can be diluted to a QD any thoughts on which one is better? Im liking the sound of FK 425 due to its anti static properties but UWW+ sounds good to do to its vast amount of uses.
Feed back please

oldgeek
10-18-2012, 04:48 PM
I just went thru this today. I had some stubborn spots with collinite 915 and thought a QD might help... It did some but the effectiveness of this idea, I think, hinges upon whether or not the solvents in the QD are also solvent for the wax. Looking forward to the thoughts of others on the subject.

TornadoRed
10-18-2012, 05:13 PM
I don't know if there would be any "benefit". I'd be more concerned if it would compromise the wax. Personally I don't think it would hurt (at least not enough to notice).
Using an LSP and compatible QD/Spray wax from the same company might be a good thing.
If I had a wax that was too difficult to remove without a spritz of QD, I'd stop using it. There are too many LSPs that are easy to work with to be messing around with a difficult one.

NAVYJOE11
10-18-2012, 05:20 PM
Thanks for the quick responses, but what i'm trying to get at is will it help or hurt the appearance of any wax job not just hard to remove wax. I use fuzion and it is easy to remove just trying to make it pop (more) and thought this sounded like an interesting idea.

TornadoRed
10-18-2012, 05:29 PM
I don't know if it's possible to make fuzion pop more. You might create some kind wet/shiny vortex that will kill us all.

There's a note in the description for Wolfgang Deep Gloss Spritz that says...
If you really want to kick up the shine on your paint, apply a layer of Wolfgang Füzion Wax over Wolfgang Deep Gloss Spritz Sealant after the sealant has cured. You’ll get the long-lasting protection of the sealant and the warm glow of carnauba.

Not really what you were looking for but...

Also there's Wolfgang Instant Detail Spritz, that says...
Wolfgang Instant Detail Spritz was created to complement Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant 3.0 but it is compatible with all paint sealants and synthetic waxes. Use it after washing the vehicle or any time to refresh the shimmer of the existing paint protection.