PDA

View Full Version : Glass Cleaning with Three New Pinnacle Products

Pats300zx
10-18-2012, 03:50 PM
I just wanted post a review on three (3) of the new Pinnacle products that were just released. Specifically, Pinnacle GlassCoat with Rain Repellant, Pinnacle Crystal Clear Glass Cleaner and Pinnacle Glasswork Waterspot Remover. Thanks to Nick for sending me out the products to try and allowing me to post my thoughts. I figured I would group all three of these products into one review since all are for glass cleaning and protection. The tested vehicle is a 2009 Dodge Charger SXT which sees a ton of road miles everyday. Thanks to Corey and Mike for letting me use their format on the review.

Product: Pinnacle GlassCoat Window Sealant with Rain Repellent
Cost: $15.99

Product Description (from Autogeek website):
Pinnacle GlassCoat Window Sealant with Rain Repellent is an easy to use advanced glass coating. It fills in all the microscopic pits, pores and other surface imperfections invisible to the un-aided eye. This creates a more perfectly smooth and hydrophobic surface, increasing your visibility and safety on the road.

Once applied, Pinnacle GlassCoat Window Sealant with Rain Repellent repels water like no other. The surface tension created by this coating beads and repels water more effectively than you thought possible. Even in the most torrential rainstorms, the water beads up and flies off so effortlessly you many not need use the wipers!

http://ep.yimg.com/ca/I/autogeek_2233_170012972

Product: Pinnacle Crystal Clear Glass Cleaner with Water Repellent
Cost: $9.99

Pinnacle Crystal Clear Glass Cleaner with Water Repellent is a spray-on glass cleaner that cuts through the toughest oily road film and grime to restore perfect optical clarity to your car’s glass windows. When oily road film builds-up on your car’s windshield it increases glare which causes vision safety issues and strains your eyes. Pinnacle Crystal Clear Glass Cleaner with Water Repellent easily cuts through oily road film, reducing night time eye-fatigue and making driving anytime safer and more enjoyable!

http://ep.yimg.com/ca/I/autogeek_2233_170101970

Product: Pinnacle GlassWork Water Spot Remover
Cost: $12.99

Pinnacle GlassWork Water Spot Remover removes water spots and road film quickly and easily by hand or machine. Pinnacle GlassWork Water Spot Remover uses glass-safe abrasive technology plus a blend of citrus-based mineral dissolving agents to safely clean and remove road film and water spots off of glass. Pinnacle GlassWork Water Spot Remover restores a clean and crystal clear glass surface.

http://ep.yimg.com/ca/I/autogeek_2233_169856353

Application of Products and Directions:

I initially started by cleaning my exterior and interior glass with two waffle weave towels and Pinnacle Crystal Clear. One towel was used to clean the glass and one was used to wipe dry.

Pinnacle Glasswork Water Spot Remover was then applied with a microfiber applicator to the windshield and exterior side glass. I didn’t really have any waterspotting issues on the glass but really wanted to use this product to remove and road grime and residue for the Pinnacle Glass Coat Window Sealant.. Pinnacle Glasswork Waterspot remover was removed with a short nap microfiber towel after allowing it to haze for about 10 minutes.

I then proceeded to an IPA wipedown on all the glass to ensure no residue.

Pinnacle Glass Coat Window Sealant was applied with a foam applicator in a circular motion on all exterior glass. It was removed per direction in 15 minutes with a short nap microfiber towel.

My thoughts and observations

1) Pinnacle Crystal Clear Glass Cleaner is an excellent glass cleaner. It cleaned the glass very well with no issues or streaking. The product has a very nice scent to it and kind of reminds me of the old Meguiars NXT Glass Cleaner. It left the glass surface with a very slick feel. I am not sure if this has to do with the rain repellant that has been added to the product.

2) Pinnacle Glasswork Waterspot Remover applied and removed very easily with no issues. It left the glass very clean and free of any residue. Very easy to use. I assume it will be just as easy to use by machine as by hand. As I stated I really didn’t have any waterspotting issues on my glass so I really could test the product on those claims.

3) Pinnacle Glass Coat Window Sealant was applied with a foam applicator. I would warn users that the product is very runny and water like and does not have cream like consistency. It does pour from the bottle very quickly. A little goes a long way. I applied a small amount to the foam app and was able to do the entire windhshield and two side windows. Thinner coats are better. I applied it heavily in some areas of the glass and it was more difficult to remove. The directions call for two coats for uniform coverage. I am going to see how it holds up with one coat. With the total amount of product used my bottle with last forever.

The whole process took me about 35 minutes using all three products on exterior glass. I also cleaned the interior glass which had tint with Pinnacle Crystal Clear Glass Cleaner. I did not see any notes in the directions or description stating that it was for exterior glass only and safe on tint.

The weather forecast is calling for rain tonight into tomorrow morning so I should be able to see how repels water on the morning drive to work.

Sorry no pictures…we all know what clean glass looks like :dblthumb2::dblthumb2:

Finemess
10-18-2012, 03:57 PM
Good job Pat, I see a glass sealant test coming. Pinn., Aquapel, Griots. Would be fun to do.

Pats300zx
10-18-2012, 03:59 PM
Good job Pat, I see a glass sealant test coming. Pinn., Aquapel, Griots. Would be fun to do.

Well I have Gtechniq on my Dodge Ram and Pinnacle Glass Coating on the Charger. The Charger is driven a lot more than the Ram so it will be interesting to see how the two compare. Pinnacle was definitely easier to apply and remove than Gtechniq. However, the durability claims on Gtechniq are for 30,000 miles.

Nick McKees37
10-18-2012, 04:55 PM
Great review Pat! :applause:

I also cleaned the interior glass which had tint with Pinnacle Crystal Clear Glass Cleaner. I did not see any notes in the directions or description stating that it was for exterior glass only and safe on tint.

Great observation Pat. Pinnacle Crystal Clear Glass Cleaner with Water Repellent is safe on tinted windows. Its formula is free of ammonia and other nasty chemicals. :dblthumb2:

Pats300zx
10-18-2012, 05:13 PM
Great observation Pat. Pinnacle Crystal Clear Glass Cleaner with Water Repellent is safe on tinted windows. Its formula is free of ammonia and other nasty chemicals.

Thanks for clearing that up for me Nick..:props:

swanicyouth
10-18-2012, 05:33 PM
Except for Souveran, I usually stay away from the the Pinnacle line because the price always seems so much higher than Wolfgang and I've really had good experiences with Wolfgang stuff. It's nice to see this new stuff is fairly priced.

Now how do I get on that pre-release tester list ???

Pats300zx
10-19-2012, 08:51 AM
Well I got the chance to drive in the rain this morning with the new Pinncale Glass Coat. Pretty impressive. Beading and sheeting are excellent. Thumbs up to a great product. I hardly had to use my wipers at all. I feel the product much better than Duragloss Rain Repellant which was on the windows before.

http://www.autopiaforums.com/gallery/data/627/medium/Photo_Oct_19_8_19_18_AM.jpg

http://www.autopiaforums.com/gallery/data/627/medium/Photo_Oct_19_8_10_09_AM.jpg