PDA

View Full Version : BIG NEWS- The Ultimate Detailing Machine

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Meghan
04-20-2007, 03:02 PM
http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/500/UDM.jpg

After intense beta testing by many people, including Max, we are proud to announce that Autogeek.net and all PBMA websites will be carrying Ultimate Detailing Machine random orbital polisher.

The Ultimate Detailing Machine will be offered as the machine itself, grouped with pads, and grouped with pads and chemicals, similar to the Porter Cable 7424. As for the Porter Cable, we will continue to carry it as it is a very good machine. People looking to step up to a more aggressive machine than the Porter Cable 7424 and still want the user-friendly aspect of an orbital polisher will be very pleased with the Ultimate Detailing Machine.

Max and David Byron agree that this machine offers the user a more powerful machine but without some of the risks of a rotary. We’re so confident in the Ultimate Detailing Machine that we’ve pre-ordered 1800 units for our first shipment, estimated to arrive June 1.

Here’s the info on the Ultimate Detailing Machine released by David:

Ultimate Detailing Machine(TM)
The new machine will be called the Ultimate Detailing Machine it will feature:

1. 5.5 AMP motor (20% more power than the Porter Cable 7424)
2. Very high quality concentric offset, full floating head that is perfectly balanced
3. Variable speed from 2,000 to 6,000 OPM
4. Side handle
5. Heavy duty power cord, switch and speed control
6. Rubberized coating
7. Two color canvas bag
8. Full color 24 page manual
9. Wrench
10. 1 year replacement warranty w/ 5 year upgrade option

Parts are manufactured for us in China and Mexico. Final assembly and testing will be at the ARC of San Diego facility, where we will employ a number of adults with learning disabilities full-time on this product line (production and refurbishing).

Capabilities
To say that this is simply a "clone" of the Porter Cable would not give credit to the many improvements and the significantly improved capabilities. In short, this machine offers 90% of the polishing capabilities of a good rotary without the potential hazards. The combination of the more powerful motor and the vastly improved head unit allow this machine to work polishes harder than any other electric orbital on the market, yet the machine is smooth enough to operate with one hand at full speed.

Sales Channel
The list price on a basic loaded kit (as described above) will be $149.95. This list price will allow us to put the product into the reseller channel and manage very high quality and superior service.

Availability
We have stepped up production to have this product into the reseller channel in limited quantity before the end of May (USA) and in full scale production by the end of June. Distribution to the UK will be in June. ROW markets are to be determined later this year.

Markets
Initially we will produce a North American version (120v/60Hz) and a UK version (220-240v/50Hz). We stepped up production to have this product into the reseller channel in limited quantity before the end of May and in full scale production by the end of June. We are having the device certified for all markets we enter.

Accessories
The Ultimate Detailing Machine brand will offer a full range of backing plates, polishing pads, bonnets, brushes and other devices to clean, polish and wax vehicles. We will innovate new products that offer more utility from the Ultimate Detailing Machine.

There is two ways you can win one of these polishers....
Please see these links.
http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/discounts-specials/5652-win-ulitmate-detailing-machine-reviewing-products.html
http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/discounts-specials/5653-win-ulitmate-detailing-machine-posting-photos.html

supercharged
04-20-2007, 03:06 PM
What will it look like? Any pics?

AL417
04-20-2007, 03:09 PM
Are Edge pads compatible with the UDM? If so is the adapter the same or a different size?

ltoman
04-20-2007, 03:10 PM
Oh my God...just when I had faced the fact I could not keep up on buying the things I wanted, and to use what I have .... I want it!!! WAHHHH!!! Oh my. This sounds like a whopper.

( Nica will be ordering one ahead of time, btw, Meghan. Hee hee hee)

budman3
04-20-2007, 03:13 PM
Glad to hear that AG will be carrying this. I have always wanted a speed 7 on my PC ... well a whole new, more powerful machine could do the trick :)!! Do you know if AG will be taking pre-orders?

Meghan
04-20-2007, 03:14 PM
Are Edge pads compatible with the UDM? If so is the adapter the same or a different size?
Same thread as the PC.

noname5
04-20-2007, 03:15 PM
excellent, I've been holding out on buying the regular PC ever since I heard about the existence of this soon-to-come product

I'm glad its coming to Autogeek as well

turbos17
04-20-2007, 03:20 PM
Is that the name of the brand? Never heard of them before! How long have they been around? I will wait for the reviews on this one. And I can guarantee PC will probably make something better if there sells drop because of this new machines. Put it this way....I LOVE CAPTIALISM!

AL417
04-20-2007, 03:25 PM
Same thread as the PC.
Nice.

budman3
04-20-2007, 03:34 PM
Is that the name of the brand? Never heard of them before! How long have they been around? I will wait for the reviews on this one. And I can guarantee PC will probably make something better if there sells drop because of this new machines. Put it this way....I LOVE CAPTIALISM!

David, the owner Autopia, is coming out with all sorts of things, the Ultima line of detail products, Poly Charger, this machine, etc.

Black and Decker owns Porter Cable now and they have been pulling the PC7336 from Lowe's, so, so be it. The PC7424 and 7336 must not be a big seller compared to their other machines. Can't wait to try this machine out especially since it's designed to be a polisher...

turbos17
04-20-2007, 03:47 PM
Autopia

I am sorry but from my past experience with Auto(who)? They will never get my business again....AG is where it is at from now on! So what does this thing look like?

P1et
04-20-2007, 03:48 PM
Will the 7424 and 7336 not be availabe anywhere any longer?

Nuke33
04-20-2007, 03:51 PM
Figures after i get a pc heheh cant wait to see it

Al-53
04-20-2007, 03:53 PM

David B on his forum said this about pads and plates...

David B on his forum said this about the pads....

The thread size is the same as the Porter Cable. HOWEVER, we will not take liability of other manufacturer backing plates, especially a quick release system. The additional power of this machine puts a lot of stress on the backing plate.

Our warranty will cover the backing plate included with the machine.

He designing his own pads...from foam to velcro ...something about European foam....he said regular pads will work ..but do not know if they will stand up to the rotational force..something about the type of adhesive....he said the heat set adhesive is better than the glued on type....

Al

Truls
04-20-2007, 04:11 PM
Is the UK el-power the same as elsewere in Europe?
If so FINALY its possible to get a polishing machine without the transformer here in Norway...Makes a whole lot of peoples happy here.....

Maybe AG could deliver these machines with different sockets (different types, 3-4 types i think)