PDA

View Full Version : Waxing' in the winter

oldgeek
10-17-2012, 06:20 PM
So, I'm wondering if there is anything to be aware of with regard to applying wax in colder temperatures? Obviously, you can't wax a car when the temperature is below freezing but how about mid 40's or lower 50's? (I have a garage but it's not heated)

Does the wax cure differently or slowly in these temperatures?
Is there a wax that is perhaps better suited to low temperature application than others?

Bunky
10-17-2012, 06:29 PM
I have had no issues with waxing when it is 50 Fin the garage. It may haze slightly longer but no real issues for me. I not tried lower because I like it at 50 or above.

The Moose
10-18-2012, 09:24 AM
I'd imagine thinner waxes like Poorboys Nattys Blue would be a little easier than thicker like a Collinite 845 in the cool/cold.

I've waxed cars (my own of course) in the cooler outdoor weather, down to around 45ish... no problems. I'm happy to have a garage now though, those days are over.

RPPM
10-18-2012, 03:46 PM
I know Collinite recommends ambient temps of 60 degrees or higher. Usually if you get below 40 degrees, you may have some issues with most products. Klasse AIO, and some other more "watery" ones seem to be ok at lower temps.