PDA

View Full Version : What to use on my trailer

Pages : [1] 2

skipdup
10-17-2012, 01:14 PM
Hi. My first post and I know very little about all the products out there.
I've used, and been happy with, Zaino for many, many years and haven't really had a need to look at other products.

That said, I'm looking for something to use on my Pace 24' enclosed white car trailer. While I'm not necessarily interested the best shine, I am very interested in protecting the finish, long lasting, easy application/removal and a slick surface to help make cleaning/washing easier. I "think" I'd also like to apply with my Porter Cable orbital polisher, unless someone can tell me a better way.

Can anyone make some recommendations?

Many thanks!
Skip
San Antonio, TX

skipdup
10-17-2012, 01:16 PM
Here's a picture of the trailer...

foggy
10-17-2012, 04:06 PM
I really like to use Rejex. I usually get up to 6 months protection out of it.

dad07
10-17-2012, 04:28 PM
consider Duragloss,501,105 then top that with coli845 and you,ll get many months of protection.

the plus side are that they are very inexpensive!

davidc
10-17-2012, 05:49 PM
I to have used Zaino on my Truck for the last 13 years and searched for something to use on my 32' fifth wheel. I used quite a few products and could not get past the 2-3 month range. I finally tried DG 601/105/501 with stunning results. The 601/105 is going on 7 months now and just starting to oxidze the Filon fiberglass. By far the longest lasting I have found so far. I also used DG's Aquawax on it once in all that time. The sealant beads and sheds water like crazy and using DG's no rinse with the Aqua Wax that is built in adds sealant when washed. I also use the DG no rinse mixed as a qd which also helps to keep it clean and makes bug removal on the front cap very easy as it leaves a super slick finish. The big decision on my part is if I want to do my truck with DG now as the Zaino has been the only sealant that has been used and done an outstanding job on the finish.

Dave

dsigmon
10-17-2012, 07:17 PM
What is the condition of the paint?

skipdup
10-17-2012, 07:28 PM
What is the condition of the paint?

The paint condition is very good for a trailer. I'm guessing most on this site would consider it just OK. It's certainly not bad enough for me to want to spend any real time cleaning/polishing it.

I think the picture might give you an idea. Note, that's after a trip from San Antonio to Denver and back, through a lot of rain, as well as two additional race weekends. i.e. it's filthy. :)

skipdup
10-17-2012, 07:30 PM
I to have used Zaino on my Truck for the last 13 years and searched for something to use on my 32' fifth wheel. I used quite a few products and could not get past the 2-3 month range. I finally tried DG 601/105/501 with stunning results. The 601/105 is going on 7 months now and just starting to oxidze the Filon fiberglass. By far the longest lasting I have found so far. I also used DG's Aquawax on it once in all that time. The sealant beads and sheds water like crazy and using DG's no rinse with the Aqua Wax that is built in adds sealant when washed. I also use the DG no rinse mixed as a qd which also helps to keep it clean and makes bug removal on the front cap very easy as it leaves a super slick finish. The big decision on my part is if I want to do my truck with DG now as the Zaino has been the only sealant that has been used and done an outstanding job on the finish.

Dave

Dave- You piqued my interest... What's "DG no rinse mixed as a qd"?

Thanks to all!!

davidc
10-17-2012, 07:47 PM
Dave- You piqued my interest... What's "DG no rinse mixed as a qd"?

Thanks to all!!

Duragloss Rinseless Wash with Aquawax 128 oz. (http://www.autogeek.net/duragloss-rinseless-wash-128.html)
That is the no rinse and mixing 3 oz. no rinse with 16 oz. water is the QD. It leaves one of the slickest finishes I have seen/felt and leaves the finish with a silky feeling.

Dave

TOFAST4U2C
10-17-2012, 07:59 PM
Not much paint on these trailers so be careful. Its going to depend on if there are any contaminants on the paint. If it wont pass the baggie test then DG501 & Collinite 845 is the way to go in my opinion. My trailer didnt have anything on the paint being built to order so I just gave it a good wash and hit it with Collinite 845 and we shall see how long it holds up. Seems much more reflective and the rain just sheets right off. If you have any black streaks down the side shoot me a PM and I will help you out with an easy remedy.
Jack
http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/ss286/jtramuta/sidereflect2.jpg

skipdup
10-17-2012, 08:01 PM
Jack- No black streaks.
What's the baggie test?

Thanks!

TOFAST4U2C
10-17-2012, 08:13 PM
PM sent. Here is the front half cleaned in just a couple minutes.
http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/ss286/jtramuta/halfclean.jpg

4AudiQ
10-17-2012, 10:15 PM
I am just now learning a whole new way to bring back and to keep the shine on fiber glass Motor Homes, trailers, etc. I have read over all 500+ posts. These are all RV'ers. They all own their own rigs and some have used this process for 2-3 years. For these kinds of rigs, this seems to be a game-changer.
Here is the link: Red Max Pro #3 Question - iRV2 Forums (http://www.irv2.com/forums/f65/red-max-pro-3-question-93958.html)
Read through all 500 posts before making a judgment and take good notes.

Jomax
10-17-2012, 11:51 PM
I am just now learning a whole new way to bring back and to keep the shine on fiber glass Motor Homes, trailers, etc. I have read over all 500+ posts. These are all RV'ers. They all own their own rigs and some have used this process for 2-3 years. For these kinds of rigs, this seems to be a game-changer.
Here is the link: Red Max Pro #3 Question - iRV2 Forums (http://www.irv2.com/forums/f65/red-max-pro-3-question-93958.html)

I'm for sure trying this!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using AG Online

davidc
10-18-2012, 06:12 AM

Yeah, I have read about this quite a few times in the last year or so. I can't get past the floor coating tho. What do you do when it starts flaking and peeling ?. It was designed as a floor coating not for something going down the road,ocean,river,lake etc. The verdict is still out on this and I do not know if anyone that used it and it started flaking will admit to it.

Dave