PDA

View Full Version : best paste wax for black car?

Pages : [1] 2

Qusai
10-16-2012, 08:05 PM
I have liquid souveran and I really like it but I was told that this lS is ideal for light colored cars. I am looking for a wet, deep gloss lsp for my black car. I have been looking at nattys blue, and collinite 915. Correct me if im wrong I think its 915. Lol I was looking at these waxes after I was told to go for the souveran paste. It better be a super good wax for 100 beans!! anyways I'd like some opinions, thank you. Feed back please

Qusai
10-16-2012, 08:17 PM
I didn't know different waxes produced different looks!!(wetness, brightness, etc.)

Bill1234
10-16-2012, 08:20 PM
Choose something thats is a hard paste like meguiars cleaner wax.

Black shows fingerprints everywhere. I would reccomend using gloves to reduces fingerprints with wax

I have heard great things about collinite 845 , but u will need to add water and shake it for 1st time use

dad07
10-16-2012, 08:21 PM
the best paste wax for a black car......is the one you choose to use!

prep is everything.....and lsp is just Icing on the cake.

you can use any lsp on a well prepped car and get the same results IMHO.

Qusai
10-16-2012, 08:29 PM
the best paste wax for a black car......is the one you choose to use!

prep is everything.....and lsp is just Icing on the cake.

you can use any lsp on a well prepped car and get the same results IMHO.

Maaan that's what I thought!! Hah it makes me wonder why people say that a certain wax gives their car a glow that another wax couldn't achieve. I really don't have an eye to tell the difference between lsp's on a finished fully prepped paint job

Eandras
10-16-2012, 08:33 PM
Maaan that's what I thought!! Hah it makes me wonder why people say that a certain wax gives their car a glow that another wax couldn't achieve. I really don't have an eye to tell the difference between lsp's on a finished fully prepped paint job

This is all a matter of opinion. Some people need to justify the choice that they have made.

Ed :autowash:

jjj
10-16-2012, 08:33 PM
Choose something thats is a hard paste like meguiars cleaner wax.

Black shows fingerprints everywhere. I would reccomend using gloves to reduces fingerprints with wax

I have heard great things about collinite 845 , but u will need to add water and shake it for 1st time use

Why add water? Shake it like you hate it and it will become a liquid milky water is the consistency you want. If u have to put under warm water, but don't add water to it.

tdekany
10-16-2012, 08:36 PM
If you want paste wax, the best look, dark and wet, is a product called Magic Wax. If you want the best LSP look wise for any color, is HD Nitro Seal. 8 months protection to top it off as well. Others are correct, that prep is everything, but even then some polishes leave wetter finishes, some more shine. But look wise Nitro Seal is at the top as far as I am concerned.

dad07
10-16-2012, 08:40 PM

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.......heres the point, if you like what you see then its perfect.

If you don't like what you see then its time to look at something else.

there are SOOOOOOOooooooo many different lsp's and all of them have a different look to some or mabey most, who knows....but if you like what you see then its spot on.

Don't be afraid to look at other lsp's . thats whats so cool about here you can find the best look and you could be wrong or you could be right. It's all about finding the "look" that "You" like.......as Mike P. would say find something that works for and use it often.

DaveT435
10-16-2012, 08:43 PM
I have used a few waxes on dark cars. I have Fuzion but haven't used it yet. I love the Souveran paste. Not just for the look, which is fantastic, but all the way around. I do agree that most of the final result is in the prep.

Qusai
10-16-2012, 09:29 PM
Thank you guys for your time and input. I will just finish this liquid souveran and try out a new paste wax because I already have a sealant. If anybody has some experience with collinite and or nattys, I'd like to know how well they worked for yall. Or if you'd recommend something I'd like to hear about it

stangfreak
10-16-2012, 10:02 PM
does anyone know if chemical guys released there wax that was made only for black cars? I remember seeing a video on it?

MichaelD
10-16-2012, 10:56 PM
I have liquid souveran and I really like it but I was told that this lS is ideal for light colored cars. I am looking for a wet, deep gloss lsp for my black car. I have been looking at nattys blue, and collinite 915. Correct me if im wrong I think its 915. Lol I was looking at these waxes after I was told to go for the souveran paste. It better be a super good wax for 100 beans!! anyways I'd like some opinions, thank you.

I'm personally a Collinite fan & have talked to the local distributor (who worked in their factor for 9 years) as well as current factory employees about their waxes. I personally haven't used 915 (I've used 845 and 476 on cars + 925 + 885 on boats --- and been quite happy with them on, but I've got a sliver metalic car, so nothing will produce a shine like a dark color car). The 915 is the paste wax that should last longer than 845, but should have more shine than their longest lasting 476. The other thing I like about Collinite is their entire family of waxes is quite reasonably priced in comparison to some other waxes.

I personally haven't used Souveran, but I do know it tends to get high ratings from forum members. I don't know much about nattys blue.

With winter coming, I'd suggest putting 915 on for the winter coat. Allegedly Collinite waxes are most durable when applied directly to paint (as compared to being used as a topper).
Come spring, you may want to play with this if you've got time (and money): Apply polish or paint cleaner, apply CG BlackFire, cure 1hr, apply Collinite 845 or 915, cure 24hr, apply CG V7. I'm currently using CG BF + 845 + V7 on my light silver car, and it shines.

On cool days --- with the cap still on the 845 bottle, run it under hot water from faucet, or put it in a bucket with hot water for 1-2 minutes. Then shake (warm & cool days). Do not add water to the bottle.

FUNX650
10-16-2012, 11:29 PM
-I believe that, at least most recently, a fine upstanding Gentleman/Detailer...

-Was prompting folks to take their tin of wax out to their vehicles...
(I'll use mine for illustration purposes)...and then:

-Show the tin of wax the vehicles---up close and personal!

(Hint for the folks at home: one is a Silver Birch Metallic (truck);
the other one: a Tuxedo Black (2-Door Coupe).

-Then ask the tin of wax:
'Which vehicle is a lighter-color; or, (to be fair) a darker-color'?

-Make note of its answer.

:D

Bob

talktoandy
10-17-2012, 12:40 AM
I've been using Souveran for about 5 years and have been very happy. I also have used Fuzion a few times. Fuzion gives a wetter look while Souveran is a deeper shine. I personally like a coat or two of Wolfgang Sealant followed by a coat of Fuzion and then a coat of Souveran but that is a lot of work. I like both of those waxes but it didn't stop me from buying some dodo juice samples recently. Just be patient and look for sales. Here is a picture of Souveran on my dodge charger.

http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/cc102/andyanddaria/charger/DSCN9848.jpg