PDA

View Full Version : step up in aggressiveness?

jfsully
04-20-2007, 01:33 PM
I have used XMT 2 with an orange pad and still have some issues. I believe I need to move up on the agressive scale.

Is the next step on the agreesive scale :

a) use XMT 3 with an orange pad
b) use a yellow pad with XMT 2

Thanks,

Nica
04-20-2007, 01:37 PM
I would go with a) use XMT 3 with an orange pad....I just don't like using the yellow pads for some reason. That's just my opinion though. By the way what are you detailing? It's not your Mercedes is it? Does it have ceramic clear coat? Well I guess it would depend what type of vehicle and the clear coat on the vehicle.

Well that's just my opinion, hope it helps.

jfsully
04-20-2007, 01:59 PM
Nica:

Thanks for the reply No its not the Mercedes (which I think gets babied too much).

Actually its a BMW E39 thats the`dreaded white color.

Junebug
04-20-2007, 02:48 PM
What are you using - PC or rotary? I did a white 325i and all I had was a PC, hardest clear coat and took forever, and I used Megs 84 and a wool pad.

jfsully
04-20-2007, 02:51 PM
using a PC , however the car was totally repainted here in the US last springso Im sure the clearcoat is not as hard as the original BMW.

Suffered hurricane sandblasting in 2005.

REZBMR
05-10-2007, 09:47 AM
If there is a ceramic clearcoat on the Benz, whats the best polish and pad combo to use if you don't wanna spend 50 bux on the menzerna polish? I have a pc, LC pads, and the full like of xmt polished (1-4) and i have the pinacle swirl removal polish and finishing polish as well...thanks