PDA

View Full Version : ClearCoat wheel touch-up

sagesteve
10-16-2012, 01:21 PM
I have a new Lincoln EcoBoost MKS. Only 13,000 miles on it BUT the guy that had it before me used (you guessed it) an acid wheel cleaner on one of the wheels (hyper silver with clear coat). He obviously caught what he was doing because you really don't see it until you look very close. It's only about 1/8th of the wheel. Was wondering...it's only the clear coat that has come off, leaving that dreaded shine and dull with that "patchy" look. Like I said, it's not that bad but I would like to fix it a bit. What do you think about just lightly going over the bad area with a couple of coats of clear coat? I have the Hyper Silver paint and did a small touch up on a scratch and it's invisible now. Did a pretty good job. If you stand back from the car you don't notice the problem wheel (also depends on where the wheel is when parked)...the rest of the wheel is like brand new. I've been waxing the problem wheel with the Pinnacle Signature Series II carnuba wax. If I keep it shiny it really looks pretty good...just wondering if the clear coat touch up would screw it up or should I just leave it alone?