PDA

View Full Version : What's in your garage?

Sean1017
10-16-2012, 12:45 AM
So I'm sort of new to detailing and new to this site. Let me say thank god for finding this place lol. Anyway I cruised on over to the store and all I can say is Holy Sh**! There's so many products and I'm so lost. So I figured I'd ask what's in your garages? What are some of your favorite brands and types of products you like to use?

I'm looking to do a paint correction on my car and I'm totally lost as to where to start between all the brands. Figured maybe finding out what you guys like to use on your exterior and interior could point me in the right direction.

What do all of you like to use as a AIO?

Whats your favorite Compounds, Polishes, LSP's, QD's?

Wheel Cleaners?

Whats your favorite Interior dressings?

What do you like to use for paint corrections?

Etc.

ryance39
10-16-2012, 12:49 AM
As far as AIO"s go I would say D151 is the way to go for cost vs. ability.

Compounds and polishes m105/m205 are favorites of just about everyone. The poor boys ssr line is great as well.

dcjredline
10-16-2012, 06:00 AM
Hey welcome, its overwhelming for everyone at first. Dive right on in!!!

Here are my favs

What do all of you like to use as a AIO? Havent had an AIO yet but just bought 32 oz of XMT360 from all the reviews I figured it should work just fine.

Whats your favorite Compounds, Polishes, LSP's, QD's? Only Compounds I have used so far are Meguiars, also just bought Duragloss 601/501 to try (this mix may count as an AIO but either way the 501 is a compound so it kinda counts) QD is gonna be Finish Kare 425 so far, second is ONR mixed to the QD ratio.

Wheel Cleaners? Brown Royal, Detailers Pro Wheel Cleaner, Eagle One all-in-wonder wheel cleaner.

Whats your favorite Interior dressings? 303, Meguiars Shine

What do you like to use for paint corrections? M105/205

ihaveacamaro
10-16-2012, 08:05 AM
I like the entire optimum line. Great results and no dusting :)

Setec Astronomy
10-16-2012, 08:28 AM
There are so many great products today, it's hard to go wrong whatever brand you choose.

Duragloss makes a lot of nice products, and is very inexpensive. I agree with ihaveacamaro that Optimum is a great line, with no-nonsense marketing, and they cover the waterfront. You can also find whatever you need in the myriad Meguiar's offerings, I really think the Microfiber DA system is great for newbs (and olds).

DaveT435
10-16-2012, 08:36 AM
First of all welcome!! I may have missed this...what kind of car are you working with...any pictures of the paint your trying to correct?? Are you just trying to put a nice shine on it...or do you want a show car finish??

vet
10-16-2012, 10:02 AM
Welcome!

The selection here is amazing. Right now, I'm using DP products. You can chat with someone at AG to help with your decsion. I haven't got a bad product yet, but I don't get to 'shop' here very often, LOL.

I have over the counter stuff I use also, mostly Meguires and Mothers.

wheelman302
10-16-2012, 10:17 AM
I like anything from 3M they dust a little. But for really beat up paint. They work great!

tdrake2406
10-16-2012, 10:26 AM
http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/auto-detailing-101/30461-what-products-do-you-use-your-car.html

07gtcs
10-16-2012, 04:51 PM
I started with the BF line, and I've drifted over to use some pinnacle stuff, optimum, ultimate and some stuff I found at a local detail shop. Start with one line of product, then you can drift off into other directions.

dad07
10-16-2012, 05:05 PM
Welcome to AGO and sit back and enjoy the ride!

there are so many products out there that nailing one down is almost impossible! ( I said almost)

do some research and ask many questions and you will get many answers.....but just weigh them out, make a desicion and try it.

the guys have got ya started with some very good lines but they may not work for you, or they may........

as far as whats in my garage? a whole lot of everthing! :laughing:

Sean1017
10-17-2012, 12:35 AM
Thanks for the great responses everyone!It's really helpful. I hope to keep this going and see what everyone else on the site uses. I can't decide on what brand to start with lol! There's just soooooooo much!