PDA

View Full Version : Griots Made a new 6in DA?!

Pages : [1] 2

Jomax
10-15-2012, 10:08 PM
Just got their new magazine, the 6in machines are mostly red now. Are they more powerful, weaker? Anyone try one yet?

Sent from my iPhone using AG Online

DaveT435
10-15-2012, 10:10 PM
Really??? Any specifics??

Rsurfer
10-15-2012, 10:12 PM
Just got their new magazine, the 6in machines are mostly red now. Are they more powerful, weaker? Anyone try one yet?

Same wattage (power) just some rubber on the grips.

Setec Astronomy
10-15-2012, 10:12 PM
We were discussing this in the chat box yesterday, seems to be just an ergo change; it looks like a bigger version of the 3" now, apparently motor is the same, I think they changed the switch locations also, it won't be available until December, and it's a little more expensive, at least that's what they are showing now.

Jomax
10-15-2012, 10:13 PM
Juat took a pic of the machine from the magazine.

http://i753.photobucket.com/albums/xx178/Jomaxkr/C893720C-B9ED-4954-A667-7D30FE9FEDEB-3420-0000065F4FA25C2A.jpg

Jomax
10-15-2012, 10:14 PM
We were discussing this in the chat box yesterday, seems to be just an ergo change; it looks like a bigger version of the 3" now, apparently motor is the same, I think they changed the switch locations also, it won't be available until December, and it's a little more expensive, at least that's what they are showing now.

Ah I see. Sounds cool.

stangfreak
10-15-2012, 10:16 PM
I got the new issue also and said you can pre order the new orbital. Just a few little things added to it not a big deal. same power so. They finally offer a third pad as well. Black

DaveT435
10-15-2012, 10:18 PM
Same power...improvements in comfort....rubber coated handle...molded with finger grooves in the housing...rubber palm pad on the housing. More user friendly and about 20.00 more.

Make that 10.00 more...

ski2
10-15-2012, 10:19 PM
From the Griots website; " the 3rd generation Griot's Garage random orbital. Our new orbital offers the same great power as the previous version, but we redesigned the exterior to achieve a new level of comfort and ease of use. We kept the adjustable handle but added a rubberized grip to it. We added molded hand and finger grips to the housing, along with a domed, rubberized palm grip. We moved the speed control dial and power switch to more convenient locations."

Mike@DedicatedPerfection
10-15-2012, 10:36 PM
Looks like a really nice unit to hold on to.

ihaveacamaro
10-15-2012, 11:08 PM
Is this why AG ordered about 600 of those griot orbitals? Because they were being phased out?

http://www.autogeekonline.net/nick/Summer%202012/griots-polishers.JPG

Setec Astronomy
10-15-2012, 11:13 PM
Is this why AG ordered about 600 of those griot orbitals? Because they were being phased out?

The simple answer would be "no, it's because that product is the VIP special this week". The more complicated answer might be that Griot's cut the price to clear their stock prior to the arrival of the new units, hence making the VIP sale feasible.

SON1C
10-16-2012, 06:25 AM
atleat griots is modifying their product, I've never heard of the pc or megs unit being tweaked? or offering a smaller version ex. the 3" I'm glad griots is taking over because atleast they're carrying out some R&D instead of just cashing in

Setec Astronomy
10-16-2012, 06:41 AM
atleat griots is modifying their product, I've never heard of the pc or megs unit being tweaked? or offering a smaller version ex. the 3" I'm glad griots is taking over because atleast they're carrying out some R&D instead of just cashing in

Holy cow...really? The PC 7424 is now an XP (second generation), the Meg's G110 is V.2...and I don't think Griot's is doing R&D as much as their Chinese supplier is giving their units a refresh. I'll give Griot's the benefit of the doubt that they asked their Chinese supplier to give the 6" unit a new look (which is the same thing they did with the 3" a couple of years ago) to differentiate it from other units coming from the same mfr.

Kinalyx
10-16-2012, 07:30 AM
I can honestly say that i think this unit will be better for those of us with hand issues. I have a buddy with the griots that says it hurts his hands, but my PC doesnt bother him nearly as much. Neither are a problem for me, but my 3" Griots is much more comfortable than my PC is. I always assumed it was just the size/weight of it tho.

shawn