PDA

View Full Version : Menz power lock won't dry!

Pages : [1] 2 3

TANTO
10-15-2012, 09:17 PM
Did my first Menz PL today at 3pm, i'ts 10 now and it's still hasn't dried. Most has finally hazed slightly, but i'ts still totally gummy, no powder. It's not ready to come off. Prep was perfect. I polished with Menz 4500. Car is in garage, temp was 62 degrees, humidity 54%. Easy on, easy off my butt! Put it on too thick you say? I'ts on as thin as this thick soup would allow. I just fired up my garage heater that i guess i will leave on all night and pray i can dry this stuff up. Will this eventually cure?

Twister
10-15-2012, 09:44 PM
I'd think you put it on too thick. If you have anything more than a slight haze then it's too thick.

How did you apply? By hand or by machine? How much did you apply to the applicator/pad?

TANTO
10-16-2012, 12:45 PM
While it's not my full time job, i've been doing this for 40 years. One ALWAYS puts a product on as thin as is humanly possible. I put this on by hand on a foam MF pad. It went on about like a zymol wax. The product is like a thick hand lotion. Would it have gone on thinner with a DA? Maybe, but this product has a cure problem, there was no OPERATOR ERROR here. I kept my garage over 70 degrees all night with the humid now 44%. It's still as it was- gummy/sticky. From what i've read here, if i'ts too thick, that simply means i should have a ton of powder to take off. I have no powder to take off. It doesn't look like it's going to cure- period. I have a call into MenzUS.

ihaveacamaro
10-16-2012, 01:26 PM
Could it be the ceramiclear that new Benz's use?

RhetoricMixes
10-16-2012, 01:29 PM
Silly question but you did shake the bottle very good before using right? I use Menz PL as my main go to sealant and have never had a problem curing except on very high humidity days. did you purchase this bottle from AG?

tback
10-16-2012, 02:14 PM
For those using Menz PL ... do you generally use a wax product afterwards? or is sealing enough?

RhetoricMixes
10-16-2012, 02:21 PM
For those using Menz PL ... do you generally use a wax product afterwards? or is sealing enough?

I never layer as my car sits outside 24/7. PL always give me the look im going for so i after putting it on im done.

tback
10-16-2012, 02:31 PM
I never layer as my car sits outside 24/7. PL always give me the look im going for so i after putting it on im done.

Thanks.

I just polished my GF's '08 BoxsterS with Menz IP (spot treatment on some surface scratches) -> Menz FF -> Menz PL and it looks really nice.

rider9195
10-16-2012, 02:35 PM
How long have you had the powerlock?

Setec Astronomy
10-16-2012, 02:43 PM
While it's not my full time job, i've been doing this for 40 years. One ALWAYS puts a product on as thin as is humanly possible. I put this on by hand on a foam MF pad. It went on about like a zymol wax.

What is that like, going "on about like a Zymol wax"? No offense, 40 years or not, doesn't mean you got the product on thin enough. Did you work it in thoroughly?

tback
10-16-2012, 02:58 PM
<nm>

ScottB
10-16-2012, 06:14 PM
perhaps put an oscillating fan to help the product cure ?? I too thought it was too thick or not shaken well enough.

Flash Gordon
10-16-2012, 06:38 PM
I hate using Menz products for this very reason. That stuff will work you to death...

snowking724
10-16-2012, 06:45 PM
I hate using Menz products for this very reason. That stuff will work you to death...
The polishes do take a little work but with good results. Never had an issue with PL, it always hazes up and wipes off all dreamy like even applied a little thick.

Mike lambert
10-16-2012, 07:38 PM
Sounds like you got a bad batch,it does happen.