PDA

View Full Version : New To The Board....... Love Corvettes

Quik vette
05-21-2006, 11:27 AM
Hi all I am new to the board. I own a 1964 corvette and a 01 corvette. Both are silver. My wife and I like to attend car shows. In the CT/NY area. I have been using Megs/Mothers. I am looking to switch to a more deeper richer shine for the shows. I am considering pinnicle products, a friend of mine uses them on his cars. I believe it is the soveran line of products. I am a member of the Corvette Forum for many years Guys over their in the C5 section swear by a product called Zaino. Lets talk wax,sealers etc.... Thanks Quikvette.

ScottB
05-21-2006, 12:11 PM
You have two of the best products offered, but they are as different as night is to day. And dont listen to any of us fools over on the forum, you gotta pick whats best for you.

Pinnacle Souveran -- a pure carnuaba product. Has no cleaners or polishes and you should prep finish prior to this last stage protectant. It was designed for dark bold colors, but equally appealing on metallics. (you can also get away with Sig Series II by Pinnacle). This wax will win shows, plain and simple. Its not super durable (average 4-8 weeks max) but Crystal Mist was designed to enhance it between waxing Thiswax is removed via WOWO (wipe on wipe off , while still damp). It is a rewarding experience from top to bottom and very easy to use.

http://www.photohost.org/gallery/data/500/167Jan19004.JPG
http://www.photohost.org/gallery/data/500/167Sep30_03.JPG
02 Quicksilver (RIP) -- Souveran Paste

Z -- is a synthetic pure paint sealant. It also offers no real paint cleaners or polishes in sealant (Z2/Z5), although offers several addtl products within the line (ZFX). It is a little cumbersome system as you need to a catalyst (curing agent) and really looks best after several layers. Very bright and super reflective , not as warm and inviting as carnuabas. Adding Z8 will amp up the gloss and slickness. It is probably the most durable (length of protection) offering on the market.

So you make the choice. If you really would like a paint sealant protection but a carnuaba look then look to Wolfgang Concours or a layered system. I would also be remissed if I did not offer a similar paint sealant without the fuss, but will need to be reapplied a little more often called Four Starr UPP. Unfortunately neither Z nor UPP can be found on Autogeek currently.

Quik vette
05-21-2006, 12:21 PM
Thanks....... I will give the products you suggest a shot. I think I have tried most and have just not been satisfied. I am a cleaning fool when it comes to my vettes. One more thing we usually wax the vettes the night before(or should I say the whole day before). When I get to the shows I give it a shot when I get set-up. Is the Crystal Mist OK to use on a warm car? Quik vette.

ScottB
05-21-2006, 12:44 PM
Thanks....... I will give the products you suggest a shot. I think I have tried most and have just not been satisfied. I am a cleaning fool when it comes to my vettes. One more thing we usually wax the vettes the night before(or should I say the whole day before). When I get to the shows I give it a shot when I get set-up. Is the Crystal Mist OK to use on a warm car? Quik vette.

Crystal Mist rarely streaks at all (use a thick microfiber like our ultra-plush) even on cars in the sun. Do the cleaning / waxing at home. Spruce it up with CM the next morning and you'll be the talk of the show and can spend time looking at girls, drinking beer, and knowing your finish is up to judging. :awesome:

Quik vette
05-21-2006, 01:01 PM
My thoughts exactly.:cheers: