PDA

View Full Version : products for hot and dusty enviroment

cloudbuster
10-15-2012, 12:17 AM
Hi all, for work reason I just moved and left all my car care product behind. Now im in a dry, dusty and hot place. I just wash my new car today. is a dark silver outlander sport.
I used otc products AA dint have a choice.

after reading optimum products got my attention.
soap: optimum car wash or duragloss like the smell :-)
clay bar: no brand specific.
after the clay: Optimum optiseal follow by optimum car wax or 845, fk1000p? a few days or a week later.
quick detailer: Optimum Instant Detailer & Gloss Enhancer, ultima waterless wash plus+ or finish kare 425. the 425 seem nice with the anti-static properties.

my main concern is the dust/dirt i notice a build up of dust right after I dried the car by the black trim on the window and I was wondering if I go the wipe on wipe off route will dust get trap on the product as is dry and then scratch the finish when is time to remove?
or thats not a problem.
any tips welcome. Thanks!

vman
10-15-2012, 12:23 AM
It may be problem if a lot of dirt is on there. I have a long gravel driveway that kicks up so much dust and dirt that my car is covered in dust only hours after I washed it so I have to work fast when I wax my car.

If youre washing your car with ONR then I suggest you do it a panel at time. ONR wash a panel, clay the panel and then wax the panel before moving on to any other part of the car. That way youll reduce the chances of scratches significantly and not allow dirt and dust to settle on the car.