PDA

View Full Version : Almost Called Police On Detail Job UPDATE

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

seanconway34
10-14-2012, 08:05 PM
This is an update on the thread I just posted yesterday. So the son called me back and told me that I have to go back to his fathers house and finish up the car with the compound and I told him I cannot do that as I feel unsafe at his fathers house. The son then told me to refund him the $60 and I will be hearing about this from the better business bureau. What should I do, change phone number, refund money, or don't answer his phone calls anymore?

seanconway34
10-14-2012, 08:06 PM
I fear for my safety from these people, they only know my phone number and my first name. I feel unsafe and might call police as they are threatening me and calling me and being nasty and the father threatened me yesturday.

SuperiorAutoLLC
10-14-2012, 08:13 PM
I just spent 10 minutes reading every post to your thread.

First off, I'm sorry you have to deal with these people.

Secondly, you have trapped yourself in a VERY gray area...you did not have your customer sign an authorization to begin work describing the steps of your process NOR can the customer produce PROOF that you were supposed to compound the vehicle. I hope you learned from this mistake and will come up with some sort of contract and key management system to prevent this problem in the future. Personally, I ALWAYS have control of my customer's key, both for my own personal security and because my insurance policy states that I must maintain key control at all times while detailing somebody's vehicle.

Thirdly, there is NOTHING ANYWHERE that says you MUST return to the client's home. I'm pretty sure he's messing with your head about the BBB thing and I wouldn't fall for it.

Lastly, (and I cannot emphasize this enough), IF YOU DO decide to return to this guy's house, you better show up with a police officer. People are freekin' crazy these days and sometimes you just can't tell if you're being set up. *No amount of money is worth getting hurt over.*

Good luck and please keep us updated.

master detailer
10-14-2012, 08:15 PM
you need to let it go to voice mail so when you call the cops you can let them here what they ae saying to you. ps never go back to these a--holes agian and dont give them anything back

Flash Gordon
10-14-2012, 08:16 PM
This is an update on the thread I just posted yesterday. So the son called me back and told me that I have to go back to his fathers house and finish up the car with the compound and I told him I cannot do that as I feel unsafe at his fathers house. The son then told me to refund him the $60 and I will be hearing about this from the better business bureau. What should I do, change phone number, refund money, or don't answer his phone calls anymore?

I fear for my safety from these people, they only know my phone number and my first name. I feel unsafe and might call police as they are threatening me and calling me and being nasty and the father threatened me yesturday.

How old are you?

SuperiorAutoLLC
10-14-2012, 08:16 PM
you need to let it go to voice mail so when you call the cops you can let them here what they ae saying to you. ps never go back to these a--holes agian and dont give them anything back

I couldn't agree more with this...let them leave a message (there is your PROOF; anybody can tell the cops anything but words are worthless without EVIDENCE). Do NOT refund the money; you are entitled to it.

Flash Gordon
10-14-2012, 08:19 PM
Lob a brick through his back window

SANTA3013
10-14-2012, 08:21 PM
I don't do to well with somebody telling me what I have to do. I would not talk to this guy anymore. Let your phone go to voice mail as already suggested and if he shows up at your place call 911 and have the police dispatched to a possible problem.

david79z28
10-14-2012, 08:25 PM
Neither of you have anything in writing to prove anything to the BBB.

I don't think the BBB would give you poor rating. There simply isn't enough for them to do so.

The customer was satisfied paying $60 for your services, you accepted, then they changed their mind.

Stick to the facts if they do go to the BBB. Keep the emotions out of your response.

The BBB will probably send them a letter stating that you have done all ou can do to satisfy them.

You will never make these people happy.

You might want to look into theft of service. However, it might be impossible to prove with nothing in writing.

Flash Gordon
10-14-2012, 08:25 PM
Fill a tube sock full of d cell batterys and give him a beat down

bl3ujay07
10-14-2012, 08:26 PM
6+ hours for 60 bucks, you better keep that 60! They seem like con men. Feels like they had all this planned out from the beginning. Like everyone says, let their calls go to voice mail.

As for BBB, you will get a chance to explain your part. Just explain flat out what happened. BBB might try to get you and the customer to "make things right". I would just simply say that you don't feel safe with either of them around. BBB doesn't just take what they say and automatically give you a negative rating.

Circa40
10-14-2012, 08:26 PM
Tell the cops your side of the story and see if they can do anything...or at least give you some advice. It would be awesome of they leave you a message as the others suggested.

Flash Gordon
10-14-2012, 08:27 PM
Throw a box of roofing nails in his driveway

seanconway34
10-14-2012, 08:28 PM
How old are you?

Flash Gordon
10-14-2012, 08:29 PM
Put a marble in his gas tank