PDA

View Full Version : Which product to remove BF Total polish & Seal from the pads?

Danster
10-14-2012, 10:30 AM
I used a Hydro-Tech Tangerine pad with the BF Total Polish & seal on a vehicle last weekend and I tried using the Pinnacle Polishing Pad Cleaner to clean the pad. It did not clean it like it has when I used the Meguire's 205/105 combo.

The pad still has polish left on it and I want to clean it up right. Which product is best to remove the polish from the pad?

TIA!

Dannyo

Waxmax
10-14-2012, 10:36 AM
BFWD is impossible to completely get out of pads, so I imagine the BF TP&S would be very difficult also to clean up 100%.

I've used BF pad cleaner to clean BFWD pads and did a so so job.....just clean it as best you can and dedicate that pad to the TP&S would be my advice.

ihaveacamaro
10-14-2012, 10:39 AM
just clean it as best you can and dedicate that pad to the TP&S would be my advice.

My advice as well. I have a red foam finishing pad exclusively for the BFWD sealant.

But have you tried using the xmt pad cleaner or maybe an APC?

habeba86
10-14-2012, 11:25 AM
I used dawn on tpns last week immediately after I got done and it worked fine for me. Try some mineral spirits if you think you need something stronger.

Danster
10-14-2012, 11:26 AM
Yes, tried using the XMT Pad cleaner without success. I guess I have to keep that in mind and only dedicate the pad to the BF product then.

Thanks,

Dannyo

ihaveacamaro
10-14-2012, 11:33 AM
Yes, tried using the XMT Pad cleaner without success. I guess I have to keep that in mind and only dedicate the pad to the BF product then.

Thanks,

Dannyo

How about APC or dawn. Dawn has kind of worked for me in the past...

glen e
10-14-2012, 12:59 PM
Nothing gets BF out of pads for me...just have dedicated ones