PDA

View Full Version : Collinite 476 vs 915?

oldgeek
10-14-2012, 08:58 AM
Could somebody who has hand applied both waxes compare them for me? Durability? Ease of application? Thanks.

mwoolfso
10-14-2012, 09:15 AM
As long as you apply both very thin you will not have any problems wiping off the haze, period.

476 has better durability than 915
915 has better looks than 476

That about sums it up.

ShineMyCar
10-14-2012, 05:24 PM
Collinite Selection Guide

http://www.collinite.com/assets/Uploads/docs/autoprodselectguide.pdf

jjj
10-14-2012, 06:28 PM
If you get either on trim get off quick, if you apply very thin it prob won't have a problem. It seems to be certain trims not all. Great choices either way!

oldgeek
10-18-2012, 03:37 PM
SO... I tried the 915 today and it won.

After looking at the pdf that ShineMyCar provided above, Collinite rates 915 a little easier to remove than 476. I found it just the opposite. After waxing about half my car with the 915, I gave up and finished the car with the 476. Don't know if it was the temperature (about 60 in the garage) or if my style is the problem but the 915 was a bear to get off. The 476 on the other hand was a breeze. I find it no more difficult to get off than Fuzion or Souveran or any of the modern soft waxes.

Madness87
10-18-2012, 05:31 PM
Could somebody who has hand applied both waxes compare them for me? Durability? Ease of application? Thanks.

Using 915 right now. I've found it applies easier and comes off better than 476. It smells better and looks better as well, especially if you have dark cars (black, navy blue) etc. It doesn't mute flake like 476 tends to do.

476 costs slightly less, and is more durable, I believe it is Collinite's most durable wax made.

To be honest, I tend to disregard "durability" more than looks because it really depends on how you prepped your car, and how you maintain it after.

Also, remember Collinite 885 is the same as 476 but they market it as Marine/Aeronatuical, but it's the same product. If you wanted a bigger tin, you could buy 885 fleetwax.

BuckeyeR/T
10-24-2012, 07:38 AM
I waxed my Jeep last night with #915(always have loved). I forgot how much easier it is to apply and then remove with a MF bonnet on my DA. I bought a Flex a while back and thought applying and removing wax would be below is capabilities(Yup, I'm a dope):buffing:. I used it last night and WOW!
It went on easy, as it always does but, it was much more even an application. The best past was the removal (after hazing) with the MF bonnet. Came off so very easily with zero streaking.:dblthumb2: