PDA

View Full Version : Wolfgang Cockpit Trim Sealant-My Thoughts

Pats300zx
10-13-2012, 01:38 PM
I just wanted post my thoughts on the new Wolfgang Cockpit Trim Sealant. I know a lot of folks have already posted a bunch of info and reviews but I figured I would add my thoughts and feelings on the product. Thanks again to Nick for sending me out a bottle to try.

Product: Wolfgang Cockpit Trim Sealant
Size: 8 oz
Cost: $29.99

http://www.autopiaforums.com/gallery/data/625/medium/Photo_Oct_13_11_40_14_AM.jpg

Directions and Instruction: (From Autogeek Website)

Interior surfaces need to be clean and dry before applying Wolfgang Cockpit Trim Sealant.
1. Work on a cool surface in the shade.
2. Shake bottle well before and periodically during use.
3. Apply a small amount to a clean foam applicator and then work into the surface.
4. When working on smooth, hard surfaces use a separate clean, dry microfiber towel to wipe-off any excess product.
5. If less shine is desired on plastic, rubber, vinyl and leather surfaces, lightly buff with a clean, dry microfiber towel two minutes after application.

Product Description (from Autogeek website):

Wolfgang Cockpit Trim Sealant is an invisible, advanced synthetic polymer coating that provides a durable coating of protection and beauty to all leather, plastic, vinyl, rubber, wood and metal interior trim! Wolfgang Cockpit Trim Sealant replaces the need for multiple products!

My thoughts and application:

I gave my interior a good wipe down with OPC at 3:1 and then spritzed a MF applicator with the Wolfgang Cockpit Trim Sealant. The product was applied to my 2009 Dodge Charger. This is my work vehicle so it gets a far amount of abuse and should be a good test to see how the Cockpit Trim Sealant holds up.

Application was super easy and the product went on with a high gloss which I liked. No streaks even when applying to the upper windshield area in direct sun. I applied the product to just about every interior surface expect the cloth seats. The amount of product used is minimal and the bottle should last for quiet a while.

http://www.autopiaforums.com/gallery/data/625/medium/Photo_Oct_13_11_52_23_AM.jpg

How does it compare to Ultima Interior Guard?

I have been using Ultima products since they were first released and love the feel that Ultima Interior Guard gives the interior surfaces. Very slick and neat without a greasy look. I was fortunate to be one of the beta testers for all of the Ultima products so as I stated I have been using them for years. I guess my only complaint (if you want to call it one) was that Ultima Interior Guard the interior with a very matte look. Almost factory new. I know some folks like that type of look but I tend to like more of a gloss. This is where I feel that Wolfgang Cockpit Trim Sealant excels. I think it has all of the benefits of Ultima with more of a gloss look.

Cons: None that I could come up with. If you looking for a substitute for Ultima Interior Guard but prefer more of a gloss look than this product should fit the bill perfectly.

slimnib
10-13-2012, 02:00 PM
Thanks for information. I do not like glossy finish as they are reflect off the dash and interfer with my vision. I also do not like the look. Cheesey.

To each his own.

Thanks again

Pats300zx
10-13-2012, 02:08 PM
Cheesey.

Not sure I would call the look "cheesy". It's a glossier look than matte. It certainly is not "greasy". To each his own. :xyxthumbs:

ArkayoDeetayo
10-13-2012, 03:40 PM
Hello Pat

Can you update tomorrow?

I hear that people who tried the wolfgang interior sealant notice the "gloss" die down to a more matte look the day after

Pats300zx
10-13-2012, 03:42 PM
Hello Pat

Can you update tomorrow?

I hear that people who tried the wolfgang interior sealant notice the "gloss" die down to a more matte look the day after

Sure. Not a problem.

Bunky
10-13-2012, 05:25 PM
Can the glossiness be controlled by application method?

Bigbull2984
10-13-2012, 05:33 PM
Hey Pat great review. I too reviewed this and the gloss will die down by tomorrow or even in a couple of hours.

ihaveacamaro
10-13-2012, 07:28 PM
Please keep us updated on durability. I know that UIGP is one of the most durable interior sealants out there, so I'm curious to see how they stack up against each other.

Great review!

Pats300zx
10-14-2012, 11:34 AM
Update:

I checked my interior this morning and I can say that the gloss has toned down a bit. I assume this has to do with the product curing. IMO it still have a glossier look than Ultima.

Ryry11
10-15-2012, 07:30 AM
Question for you pats: does UIGP have uv protection? I ask because I recently applied UIGP to my car, and reading the bottles of both UIGP and WGCS, I noticed that the wolfgang says it protects against uv rays while the ultima doesn't say it does. Was just curious as my car sits outside 24/7 and I do look for something that has uv protection. Thanks

Pats300zx
10-15-2012, 08:04 AM
I am pretty sure that UIGP has UV protection.