PDA

View Full Version : Thrifty Vs Fifty : Ultima Waterless Wash + Concentrate vs Blackfire Interior Cleaner

Pages : [1] 2

ihaveacamaro
10-13-2012, 01:31 PM
Welcome guys, this is the first episode in a series of videos I'm making called Thrifty vs Fifty. Essentially I'm comparing two products that can do the same function: one with a low price tag and the other with a high one... and to see if the added price is worth it. Hence, the thrifty vs fifty.

Today's episode is Ultima Waterless Wash + Concentrate (Thrifty) vs Blackfire Interior Cleaner (Fifty) on coated leather seats. What is the conclusion and where does the advantage go? Stay tuned to find out.

UWW+:

Price: $21 for 16 ounces of concentrate

Price as tested: $0.85 for 22 ounces ($0.65 came from concentrate, and 21.5 ounces of deionized water cost ~ $0.20)

Price per ounce of diluted product: $0.04

Blackfire Interior Cleaner:

Price: $18

Price as tested: $5 (sample product of 4 ounces. Free if you add to order of $50 or more on AG).

Price per ounce: $0.90 (note this is when calculating from 20 oz bottle, not sample)

Thrifty Vs Fifty : Ultima Waterless Wash + Concentrate vs Blackfire Interior Cleaner - YouTube

Conclusion:

For a deep clean, I would recommend the interior cleaner. For a maintenance, I would use the UWW+.

Advantage:

Blackfire Interior Clean for taking off that white paint :)

Product Links:

Ultima Waterless Wash Plus+ Concentrate, concentrated waterless auto wash, waterless car wash (http://www.autogeek.net/ultima-waterless-wash-concentrate.html)

BLACKFIRE Interior Cleaner, dashboard cleaner, vinyl cleaner (http://www.autogeek.net/blackfire-interior-cleaner.html)

rcomito
10-13-2012, 01:38 PM
Great idea for a thread Roshan. Thanks for taking the time.

Rick

ihaveacamaro
10-13-2012, 02:04 PM
Great idea for a thread Roshan. Thanks for taking the time.

Rick

Thank you Rick for the kind words :xyxthumbs:

Did you get a chance to watch the video? Any thoughts?

rcomito
10-13-2012, 02:55 PM
Thank you Rick for the kind words :xyxthumbs:

Did you get a chance to watch the video? Any thoughts?

I did. Well done. Keep them coming.

Rick

ArkayoDeetayo
10-13-2012, 03:44 PM
Thanks Roshan for taking the time, enjoyed this video as well as the prep towel video

ihaveacamaro
10-13-2012, 04:19 PM
Thanks Roshan for taking the time, enjoyed this video as well as the prep towel video

Thank you for watching :xyxthumbs: It's nice comments like these that make doing these videos worthwhile :)

eLJardins
10-13-2012, 04:30 PM
Cool series! Subscribed to your channel and watched you mango martini video!

ihaveacamaro
10-13-2012, 04:36 PM
Cool series! Subscribed to your channel and watched you mango martini video!

Try it! Honestly one of the best drinks I have ever made. I did recently come up with a similar concoction for a guava mango martini... a REALLY close second.

Call me girly, but the fruity drinks are where they are at. I don't know anyone who can literally say they like the taste of alcohol lmao!

Thanks for subscribing.. btw I really like your youtube username hahaha. When I got the email that you subscribed to me, I almost fell out of my chair no lie Im the MAN

BobbyG
10-13-2012, 04:40 PM
Hey Roshan,

Thanks for taking the time to compare and video the 2 product test.

I like the Ultima Waterless Wash for all the reasons you mention but I only use it on the exterior finish, I've never tried using it on the interior.

Ultima Waterless Wash dilutes well for a clay lube or for a light detailing spray and economical it is.

BlackFire Interior Cleaner is specifically formulated for cleaning vinyl, leather, plastics, and upholstery. I'm not surprised to see the interior cleaner better at removing dirt and grime which is your mail goal...

Bottom line: if a product works use it and use it often...:dblthumb2:

Looking forward to more of your video's!

Thank you! :props:

rwright
10-13-2012, 04:42 PM
Kudos for the video and thank you for sharing. :)

Shouldn't you compare products in the same category at least? For example, maybe compare the Sonus All-IN-1 Total Auto Cleaner Concentrate against the Blackfire Interior Cleaner or maybe Blackfire against 1Z Einszett Cockpit Premium or Plastic Deep Cleaner. Comparing a waterless wash against an APC isn't really fair. Just an observation.

Again, thank you for the videos you are posting. Your voice is very clear and easy to understand. :)

ihaveacamaro
10-13-2012, 04:49 PM
Kudos for the video and thank you for sharing. :)

Shouldn't you compare products in the same category at least? For example, maybe compare the Sonus All-IN-1 Total Auto Cleaner Concentrate against the Blackfire Interior Cleaner or maybe Blackfire against 1Z Einszett Cockpit Premium or Plastic Deep Cleaner. Comparing a waterless wash against an APC isn't really fair. Just an observation.

Again, thank you for the videos you are posting. Your voice is very clear and easy to understand. :)

Thank YOU for watching :xyxthumbs:

Yeah, that would be a fair comparison. But the point I'm trying to get across is sometimes you don't need the big bucks brand name product BUT sometimes you do.

Comparing two expensive products would be fifty vs fifty lol

People on this forum (including CEE DOG) have said that UWW+ can be used for interior cleaning, and as it is very cheap when diluted, it made a good candidate.

If two products can do the same function, and one has a huge price tag, while the other has a low price tag, I will want to compare them :xyxthumbs:

magna_power
10-13-2012, 05:54 PM
Great video, very well done I thought. All I can say is "send this guy samples"!

Maybe you could start a suggestions page (you'd probably get 1000's haha) and pick the best ones to make into videos.

Best of luck

ihaveacamaro
10-13-2012, 06:16 PM
Great video, very well done I thought. All I can say is "send this guy samples"!

Maybe you could start a suggestions page (you'd probably get 1000's haha) and pick the best ones to make into videos.

Best of luck

Thanks for the compliment :)

Actually I was thinking of that already, guess great minds think alike :props:

I wanted to wait until after next week, so this first video got enough exposure on the forum. After that, I will make that thread, and hopefully people will know
1) I'm legit and not trying to steal and
2) What the Thrifty vs Fifty series is

Thanks for the suggestion and watching the video, I hope you enjoyed Im the MAN

rider9195
10-13-2012, 06:21 PM
Thanks for the video! You did a great job of going through and explaining the differences and which product performed best.

ihaveacamaro
10-13-2012, 07:36 PM
Thanks for the video! You did a great job of going through and explaining the differences and which product performed best.

Thanks for watching and the compliment :xyxthumbs: