PDA

View Full Version : help with OC 2.0

primo spaghetti
10-13-2012, 09:27 AM
ok so i ordered some OC 2.0 and plan on treating both my vehicles next week (after the proper prep of course) which are a salsa red highlander and a brilliant black crystal pearl ram.

I searched the forum and cant really find out what kind of maintenance other than regular washing is required with this coating?

Do i need to be looking to get something other than my regular wash media to enhance/care for the OC 2.0?

pcw25
10-13-2012, 10:58 AM
What you could do is every six months hit the car Optimum Poli-Seal. This would clean the coating from any contaminants (if any) and restore it back to it's original performance.

Perfections
10-13-2012, 11:25 AM
Wait a week, then wash it like normal. As long as your wash routine is on a regular basis, there's really not much maintenance.

ihaveacamaro
10-13-2012, 11:51 AM
Most times I'll just do a UWW+ waterless wash on it. First hit it with my pressure washer and rinse off seriously like 90% of the dirt. The rest comes off in the waterless wash. Once a week and it has been an insanely easy thing to do :)

primo spaghetti
10-13-2012, 11:58 AM
What you could do is every six months hit the car Optimum Poli-Seal. This would clean the coating from any contaminants (if any) and restore it back to it's original performance.

wow poli seal. silly question i guess, but it wont remove the OC? is the preferred method of application for poli seal hand or DA?

ihaveacamaro
10-13-2012, 12:03 PM
wow poli seal. silly question i guess, but it wont remove the OC? is the preferred method of application for poli seal hand or DA?

Since poliseal is a light polish, I would think that you would NOT use it on top of OC. Especially with a machine, since the method to take off OC is machine polishing.

Clean 100% everything before Opticoat. Do the works: ironx, clay bar (or alternative like speedy towel prep), paint cleansing lotion, and make sure it's 100% compounded and polished to satisfaction.

Once you've applied, all you really need to do is what I listed above in my other post.