PDA

View Full Version : Cold

Pages : [1] 2

BobbyG
10-13-2012, 08:29 AM
It's no surprise that October in New England signals the onset of fall and ushers in cold Canadian air. Once I grabbed a cup of coffee I glanced over at the outdoor temperature and saw a crisp 26 on the thermometer.

I generally wait until the first frost to being in my detailing products for winter storage in the basement where they'll sit at a temperature no lower than 55 to 60 degrees...

I'll have my detail bag stocked with all the essentials which I will transport back and forth to a heated garage...as long as the woodstove is stoked!

jpegs13
10-13-2012, 08:32 AM
It's going to be a loooong cold winter this year. We got away with an easy one last year.

siberianrunner
10-13-2012, 08:45 AM
Same project going on here in Minnesota. Had a wood stove in my last house and loved the heat from that thing but had to go with gas heat in my current garage. Getting to old and broken down to cut and haul wood.

BobbyG
10-13-2012, 08:52 AM
Same project going on here in Minnesota. Had a wood stove in my last house and loved the heat from that thing but had to go with gas heat in my current garage. Getting to old and broken down to cut and haul wood.

I was cutting and splitting wood yesterday and will get to stacking some of it today....hopefully! Cutting and splitting by hand give me a bit of exercise and at 60 it keeps things in working order....

Finemess
10-13-2012, 08:58 AM
Thats the nice thing about wood Bobby, it warms you twice. Once when you cut it and the second time when you burn it.

LF911PCR
10-13-2012, 09:09 AM
It's going to be a loooong cold winter this year. We got away with an easy one last year.

Yeah.....that's what I'm afraid of...we had such a mild winter last year...time for pay back. :cry:

MadMerc
10-13-2012, 09:30 AM
Yeah.....that's what I'm afraid of...we had such a mild winter last year...time for pay back. :cry:

Meteorologist Tom Skilling reported that they expect this Winter to be more like the average. Whatever that means. I'll still take the average over 2010's Winter.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using AG Online

jpegs13
10-13-2012, 09:46 AM
Meteorologist Tom Skilling reported that they expect this Winter to be more like the average. Whatever that means. I'll still take the average over 2010's Winter.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using AG Online
:iagree:

dcjredline
10-13-2012, 09:57 AM
Brought the majority of mine in last night too. UGH.

y8s
10-13-2012, 10:01 AM
As someone who got caught in some DC blizzards, I am hoping for a more mild winter.

Unfortunately the outlook is a heavier than average snowfall for the mid-Atlantic.

AccuWeather reiterates: above normal snowfall for Washington D.C. and Baltimore this winter - Capital Weather Gang - The Washington Post (http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/capital-weather-gang/post/accuweather-forecast-deja-vu-above-normal-snowfall-for-dc-and-baltimore-this-winter/2012/10/03/f5deae10-0d7b-11e2-bd1a-b868e65d57eb_blog.html)

I guess what that really means is: BOGO/VIP on SnoBrums?

loudog2
10-13-2012, 10:02 AM
They have no idea. Last year they said it was supposed to be the worst winter in a long time. I looked at graphs stating it is going to be mild again. At least here in Chicago. Most snow coming from quick clippers out of canada.

MadMerc
10-13-2012, 10:22 AM
They have no idea. Last year they said it was supposed to be the worst winter in a long time. I looked at graphs stating it is going to be mild again. At least here in Chicago. Most snow coming from quick clippers out of canada.

Right. Look at how they blew last year's forecast. "Worst Winter Ever"?
It will be what it will be.

davidc
10-13-2012, 11:11 AM

Nice Avatar LF911PCR Looks good

Dave

Flash Gordon
10-13-2012, 11:23 AM
It's no surprise that October in New England signals the onset of fall and ushers in cold Canadian air. Once I grabbed a cup of coffee I glanced over at the outdoor temperature and saw a crisp 26 on the thermometer.

I generally wait until the first frost to being in my detailing products for winter storage in the basement where they'll sit at a temperature no lower than 55 to 60 degrees...

I'll have my detail bag stocked with all the essentials which I will transport back and forth to a heated garage...as long as the woodstove is stoked!

Good advice BobbyG :props:

I lost a gallon of yellow wax last week and the low temp was only 40! :dunno:

Chris's FX4
10-13-2012, 05:21 PM
I think this winter is going to long, cold, and snowy, at least where I go to school in Michigan. We were 70inches below average last winter, and actually had to bring snow IN for Winter Carnival. You could see the grass in February and March. It's only October 13th, and many places here have snow on the roofs and in the ditches.

http://i1218.photobucket.com/albums/dd401/ChrisFX4/Sony%20Nex-5N/DSC00088800.jpg

I wouldn't have even called it a winter in Chicago last year, more like a brisk fall.

Should be interesting to see what happens though.