PDA

View Full Version : Noobie from arkansas

kelsey_canard
10-13-2012, 02:54 AM
Hello everyone. Recently came upon this forum about 2 weeks ago. First detailing spark came about 3 months ago. A little history:

I work at a ford dealership. Became pretty good friends with the auto detailer there. Although, most of the jobs are really hack there, I saw a glimpse of what a detail could really do. I was hooked.

Flame suit engaged. Here is my otc collection before I found this forum. I would love recommendations on what I need to add to my collection. Main priorities first, keep in mind I'm still an amateur.

From 13944

From top to bottom, left to right. Basket: terry towels, micro fibers, wheel brushes, interior brushes, air fresheners. Two buckets, shammy in first bucket, 3 dilutions of pink stuff apc, cheap orbital buffer.... bad investment

Bottom: meguiars gold class car wash, armor all wash and wax(crap), turtle wax polishing compound(crap), meguiars gold class paste wax, turtle wax wax, meguiars ultimate polish, turtle wax spray wax(crap), automagic zpress detailer(crap), foaming bathroom cleaner from dollar general(works surprisingly well), tiff stuff interior cleaner, turtle wax oxy interior, a rand bathroom cleaner, wesleys bleach wite, meguiars hot shine tire cleaner, armor all tire cleaner, armor all wheel cleaner, armor all, stoners invisible glass.

I realize i have accumulated a lot of crap through my ignorance, but I would like to know what everyone's main concerns are to add to my collection. I am more comfortable with hand polishing now. Any ideas on what to use the orbital for since I already have it?

Goals: my home forum is performancetrucks.net. and I am just really interested in keeping my personal ride in tip top shape. Here's a pic.

Any advise to jump start my addiction would be great. Thanks guys. First purchase is planned to be onr.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Eandras
10-13-2012, 06:03 AM
Since you have the bug. Why not invest in a Dual Action polisher. The VIP is a real good deal. Then add some additional pads, polish and wax based on your vehicles condition.

Ed. :buffing:

Bunky
10-13-2012, 06:05 AM
Since you have the bug. Why not invest in a Dual Action polisher. The VIP is a real good deal. Then add some additional pads, polish and wax based on your vehicles condition.

Ed. :buffing:

Yes, there is nothing like a DA that will really get you to the next step AG does have the VIP promotion plus the free shipping over $125.

BobbyG
10-13-2012, 06:19 AM
:welcome: To Autogeek Online!!

I agree with Ed and Al, having a dual action polisher and a few pads will really amp up your game. Look for a sale and free shipping....like now....and be impressed! :props:

Flash Gordon
10-13-2012, 06:49 AM
I agree with Ed, Al and Bobby :D

Welcome to the forum neighbor! What part of Ar kansas are you in?

jpegs13
10-13-2012, 06:54 AM
:welcome: and it's unanimous, a DA is the way to go!

Eandras
10-13-2012, 07:57 AM
Remember if you get a DA polisher look at all the videos on how to use them on AutoGeek. Mike Phillips takes the mystery out of how to use them. You can use a lot of the products that you have in your arsenal already. So the VIP could be a good find for you. Just do a quick search for the VIP if you don't know what it is.

Here is a link to the current thread to the VIP

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/discounts-specials/56299-vip.html
Ed

vet
10-13-2012, 09:09 AM
First, Welcome!

The DA polisher is a good idea, and learning to use it right is a must. Mike's detailing book is also handy, and a good read.

I have some of the same things on my shelf. At one time or another, I think we all have bought some products that didn't perform well. Like Mike says, find something you like and use it often.

kelsey_canard
10-13-2012, 01:38 PM
Thanks everyone for the warm welcomes. From the responses, it seems like my next investment needs to be in a quality da.

I also forgot to mention I have a makita 9207spb, but am way to scared to touch it. I was nervous taking the cheap orbital to my paint with fine polish, since I have never done it before. Makita 9207spb:

I agree with Ed, Al and Bobby :D

Welcome to the forum neighbor! What part of Ar kansas are you in?

Mountain view Arkansas. Its a small town in north central Arkansas. About 2.5 hours north of little rock. Arkansas ftw

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Rockbasses
10-13-2012, 04:21 PM
welcome to the forum..I'm a newbie too here! Saginaw, MI

Chris's FX4
10-13-2012, 04:33 PM
:welcome: