PDA

View Full Version : The right engine compartment degreaser.

TOFAST4U2C
10-12-2012, 07:52 PM
I have been very happy with DP engine degreaser but the bottle does not go that far in a 4 car family. I follow it up with a spray of DP trim detailer and I am a happy camper.
Anyone use Meguiar’s D108 Super Degreaser Concentrate? Looks like it could go alot further with the gallon size.

dad07
10-12-2012, 07:55 PM
very good stuff......follow the directions and dillution and you will be satisfied.

ihaveacamaro
10-12-2012, 08:17 PM
I read a lot about Optimum Power Clean working well too... but that's quite a bit more expensive too

dad07
10-12-2012, 08:34 PM
I read a lot about Optimum Power Clean working well too... but that's quite a bit more expensive too

OPC does very well in the engine compartment.....like you said it could get pricey for that.

I use opc for interior work and door jambs and for the engine compartment its Megs super degreaser.

I do a little mechanic work on the side and I've used SD full to clean up some nasty parts....works great.

BobbyG
10-13-2012, 08:08 AM
Meguiar's Super Degreaser is a tremendously versatile product and can be diluted to various degrees depending on the task at hand.

For general use I start with 4 parts water to 1 part product. This works amazingly well and will clean even the most stubborn areas with minimal scrubbing...

y8s
10-13-2012, 09:53 AM
I like the Meguiars Safe Degreaser as well. Seems plenty strong and a little less bad running down the driveway into storm drains. :)

wheelman302
10-13-2012, 10:16 AM
I like ZEP you can get 1gal for about$9 at any Home Depo or house store and cut it in half. works really great on wheels and tires too!! kills brake dust.

Meticulous-Detail
10-13-2012, 10:16 AM
Does Meg's SD eat the glue on engine compartment stickers like Meg's APC does? I know OPC doesn't .

statusdetailing
10-13-2012, 11:44 AM
I use Megs super degreaser at 4-1 for engines, tires, wheel wells, jams. Works great and almost never have to scrub. A gallon goes a long long ways. That being said, I'm looking for a green/biodegradable alternative that works. Anybody know of anything?