PDA

View Full Version : Waxing and Glass care questions

Pages : [1] 2

richluu
10-12-2012, 02:16 AM
I was wondering if you guys have any input. I used the Klasse AIO Polish and 2 layers of Klasse Sealant. On top of that I put on a layer of Pinnacle Liquid Souveran Wax. This was my first time, and I loved how it felt. Every couple days I just use the Meguiar's Quick detailer to touch up. it seems like the quick detailer doesn't make it as smooth as it originally is. (I'm thinking of replacing this with the Pinnacle Crystal Mist Detail) My car is parked outside, so it seems to collect quite a bit of dust.

I'm tempted to try putting a layer Collinite 845 over it? Not sure if it makes any sense to do it or if I'm just wasting effort here? Any thoughts? My intention here longevity as from what it sounds like the 845 is good for?

After having loving how the new paint feels, I'm kind of obsessed now. I want to experiment with the glass now. My thoughts are clay baring the glass then applying a polish and sealant over it. Thinking of the Diamondite Glass Clay Bundle and then the Gtechniq G4 Glass Polish. Any recommendation on a sealant? The GTechniq G1 seems to be quite pricy? Once seal I wanted to try either Aquapel or Gtechnic G5 Water Repellent.

Any inputs from you guys would be greatly appreciate. Thanks in advance!!Feed back please

cplchris
10-12-2012, 07:30 AM
CARPRO ceriglass is pretty good stuff, i just used it on my girlfriends windshield and had excellent results with a 3m orange pad, not perfect but much better, i would recommend the ceriglass, some glass cutting and polishing pads or discs, the diamondite clay, and a rotary buffer, if you dont own one just get a cheapo one at harbor freight, i didnt use any sealant on the glass, just rain-x, as far as spray waxes/detailers go if youre looking for store bought brands ive always like the lucas slick mist, and surf city garage's assortment of spray detailers, meguiars ultimate spray wax gives a decent slickness and finish but its kind of pricey, save the megs qd for cleaning door jambs and stuff like that.

BobbyG
10-12-2012, 07:49 AM
Glass

I just posted a review on CarPro CeriGlass that might help you.

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/product-reviews/56274-review-carpro-ceriglass.html

For the last few years I've applied Aquapel as a glass sealant to my glass with tremendous results and satisfaction. It's on sale currently for $7.99 and for 6 months os solid protection how can you go wrong.

This year I decided to give Gtechniq G1 Clear Vision Smart Glass a try and see how it compares to Aquapel. Gtechniq G1 Clear Vision Smart Glass out of the gate is 3X the cost and it a little more time consuming to apply but the proof will be clarity and long term durability.

Wax

The Klasse "twins" were formulated to work together. This doesn't mean they can't be used independently because I have many times. Klasse High Gloss Paint Sealant provides tremendous protection and two coats is probably as good as it gets.

The addition of Collinite 845 will add depth and additional protection but to what degree is up to you...

Lowejackson
10-12-2012, 09:24 AM
Aquapel is a great product and excellent value for money. G1 is more expensive but lasts significantly longer.

Ceriglass would be an ideal way of getting the glass nice and clean

AutowerxDetailing
10-12-2012, 10:08 AM
+1 for CeriGlass. I just used some the other day for some intensive water spot removal an a client's Equinox.

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/500/medium/2012-10-11_18_24_34.jpg

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/500/medium/2012-10-11_18_25_32.jpg

cleanmycorolla
10-12-2012, 01:51 PM
DP Glass restorer works well too, took nasty sprinkler stains off my girls windows!

richluu
10-12-2012, 08:17 PM
Thank you guys for the input and pics. Damn that glass looks nice..lol...I haven't invest in a polisher yet, I wonder how my results will be with just using a hand application pad.

Eandras
10-12-2012, 10:22 PM
Thank you guys for the input and pics. Damn that glass looks nice..lol...I haven't invest in a polisher yet, I wonder how my results will be with just using a hand application pad.

Now is your chance to invest in a DA polisher with the VIP for the Griots 6" unit.

primo spaghetti
10-13-2012, 07:50 AM
i wouldnt try it on the windshield (im a bit of a chicken), bu the KAIO you already have will do wonders on your windows too.

richluu
11-08-2012, 10:49 PM
So we finally got some rain in today and I amazed with Aquapel...Thanks for the suggestions guys!

Will using a a car wash soap (Pinnacle Shampoo, CG Citrus wash and gloss) or some type of glass cleaner like Stoner or DP Krystal Vision degrade it's durability?

SON1C
11-09-2012, 08:17 AM
Wash and gloss at the stripping ratio could

VicVinegar
11-12-2012, 07:53 PM
Rather than start a new thread, I hope I can hop on this one.

I finally detailed my wife's car this weekend and put Klasse AIO on the glass. Can the Aquapel just go over the top of it? Or should Aquapel stand on its own?

pcw25
11-12-2012, 08:54 PM
I use Colli 845 all the time on windows...durability is fantastic! Clarity or sight is not hindered at all. Try it!

jjj
11-12-2012, 09:44 PM
I use Colli 845 all the time on windows...durability is fantastic! Clarity or sight is not hindered at all. Try it!

I second!!!! Works great!

primo spaghetti
11-12-2012, 10:32 PM
Rather than start a new thread, I hope I can hop on this one.

I finally detailed my wife's car this weekend and put Klasse AIO on the glass. Can the Aquapel just go over the top of it? Or should Aquapel stand on its own?

i think you will be fine with the KAIO on the glass alone. i just tried to strip it from two different cars with CGCWG at 1 oz per gallon, and the KAIO is still beading up! (although it is not on my windshield...your aquapel could go there if not already treated).