PDA

View Full Version : Anyone done this?

chevyblue01
10-11-2012, 10:26 PM
Any detailers out there offer clear bra installations? If so any particular training places you went to? Any brands you prefer?
Looking at offering this service and wanted to get input

Divine Details
10-11-2012, 10:44 PM
I have a friend who does clear bras ill see what brand they use.

I like llumar window tint I don't know how good their ppf is though.

Setec Astronomy
10-11-2012, 10:48 PM
Do you have a shop to work in? If you are fixed location, this is a great service to get into, because people buy a new car and want the clear bra, and bring you a car with the Dealer Installed Swirl Option (DISO), and then you can upsell them a correction job so the swirls aren't trapped under the clear bra.

But there is also some investment if you want to do the job right, and then how do you get customers? If you have existing customers, they may come to you if they buy a new car, but you also have to bring in those people who have never come to you but just bought a new car and need PPF...and then you need to convert them to regular wash/detail customers.

chevyblue01
10-11-2012, 11:22 PM
We are mobile but have quite a few customers asking about it and i have used the products in the past on other vehicles but have never personally installed it. There is a XPEL install school in texas and we are looking to go but its a huge expense for us and was looking to see if anyone had any other insight. the other selling point is we can install it for significantly cheaper than dealers and still make great money on it.

Setec Astronomy
10-11-2012, 11:29 PM
We are mobile but have quite a few customers asking about it and i have used the products in the past on other vehicles but have never personally installed it. There is a XPEL install school in texas and we are looking to go but its a huge expense for us and was looking to see if anyone had any other insight. the other selling point is we can install it for significantly cheaper than dealers and still make great money on it.

I don't know anything, but honestly I can't imagine doing it in the "field". Beyond that, as I said, it's a great addition if you can get the volume to make the training pay for itself, or if you can convert all your XPEL customers to detail customers.

Divine Details
10-11-2012, 11:34 PM
When installing ppf a garage is almost a must IMO

b/c any dust or dirt will show up as bubbles and imperfections in the film just like it does in window tint.

Chad@Divine Details

chevyblue01
10-11-2012, 11:48 PM
There's quite a few out here doing them mobile.

Divine Details
10-12-2012, 12:06 AM
There's quite a few out here doing them mobile.

I guess it all about location we have tons of cornfields around us so its always dusty and garages just make it easier for tint anyways.

SeaJay's
10-12-2012, 07:38 AM
I've been considering adding this as a service as well. I have also thought about the mobile issue and not being able to control the conditions. It can definitely be a PITA. Especially, on windy days. If your in an area that gets high winds often, I would say a garage is a must.

I know Eric at TruShine just finished the Xpel training and is offering their system. He's mobile, but I think he just got a shop to operate out of it. Not sure if he's offering the ppf for his mobile services or requiring his customers to come to his shop.

chevyblue01
10-13-2012, 07:42 PM
The Xpel school looks amazing and after talking to their people I think we are sold on attending it. Anyone else have any input on brands of clear bras? experience installing either ??? thanks for everyones input