PDA

View Full Version : Wolfgang Liquid Seal vs Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant 3.0

Pages : [1] 2

TOFAST4U2C
10-11-2012, 09:30 PM
Can someone help me with the differences between the new Wolfgang Liquid Seal and Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant 3.0? Besides spray vs liquid.

Kinalyx
10-11-2012, 10:00 PM
the spray also doesnt have to haze and be wiped off. Im sure WGDGPS will outlast the spray tho.

Shawn

imranhakro
10-11-2012, 11:29 PM
I believe its just introduced to fill in the gap of spray sealant... to remain competitive against Opti-seal and others. I dont expect anything special or out of this world from this new product. I am sure it wont be any better than WGDGPS 3.0.

Lets see what are the reviews who use it. Will appreciate if anyone make its comparative review with Opti-seal or any other spray sealants of the same nature.

Setec Astronomy
10-11-2012, 11:32 PM
the spray also doesnt have to haze and be wiped off. Im sure WGDGPS will outlast the spray tho.

That's an interesting argument...I could argue that since a WOWA is so much easier to apply than a traditional sealant, that even if it only lasts half as long as WGDGPS I'd be inclined to apply the WOWA twice as often.

Chris's FX4
10-11-2012, 11:47 PM
I think a more fair comparison would be to Wolfgang Deep Gloss Spritz Sealant, since both are spray sealants.

I would say the biggest difference is that Liquid Seal is a WOWA. Also based of Liquid Seal's product page, it appears it may have more UV protection?

That's an interesting argument...I could argue that since a WOWA is so much easier to apply than a traditional sealant, that even if it only lasts half as long as WGDGPS I'd be inclined to apply the WOWA twice as often.

But what about the "do it right the first time" logic? If I apply WGDGPS once and say get 6 months out of it, then I wouldn't want to have to apply Liquid Seal again in say 3 months, especially during the winter. This is considering that prior to applying Liquid Seal again I would potentially again need to clay and strip the paint before hand, to give it the best chance of longevity.

That wasn't meant to come out argumentative/harsh, but rather one of those what if scenarios. But indeed an interesting argument to pose.;)

Setec Astronomy
10-12-2012, 12:54 AM
But what about the "do it right the first time" logic? If I apply WGDGPS once and say get 6 months out of it, then I wouldn't want to have to apply Liquid Seal again in say 3 months, especially during the winter. This is considering that prior to applying Liquid Seal again I would potentially again need to clay and strip the paint before hand, to give it the best chance of longevity.

I'm not sure either of these products would make it through a Michigan winter (I'd want something like Colly 476S or Meg's #16). Weather aside, I think I'd try to apply the WOWA sealant at a short enough interval to not need to clay etc. beforehand. There is some argument to be made that the traditional spring/fall strip/clay/polish/seal regimen is defeated by the spray wax/sealant after every wash, WOWA once a month regimen...perhaps dropping your polishing session to once a year.

addysdaddy
10-12-2012, 06:05 AM

Amen to that!! This is what I tell everyone that I recommend the product to - even non-autogeek friends. And once you try either WGDGPS or BFCS, you'll be amazed. I've just experimented with four coats on white paint - fantastic results in a fraction of the time it would take to apply a traditional sealant or wax. I'm hooked.

Think a lot of us are old school in that if it doesn't break your back going on, it can't be doing the job. With the revolution in chemistry that's hit the car detailing industry in the last 5-10 years, think you have to view all of this in a different light. Just because these WOWA sealants are super easy to apply, doesn't mean that won't last.

Chris's FX4
10-12-2012, 07:30 AM
I'm not sure either of these products would make it through a Michigan winter (I'd want something like Colly 476S or Meg's #16). Weather aside, I think I'd try to apply the WOWA sealant at a short enough interval to not need to clay etc. beforehand. There is some argument to be made that the traditional spring/fall strip/clay/polish/seal regimen is defeated by the spray wax/sealant after every wash, WOWA once a month regimen...perhaps dropping your polishing session to once a year.

2 coats of WGDGPS has lasted me through the last 2 Michigan winters very well. All good points though made by you. I guess only time tell how well Liquid Seal will last.

I sure hope Nick or somebody will drop in to give us a general idea for the durability of it.

Bigbull2984
10-12-2012, 08:03 AM
Liquid Seal has the ability to last 4 to 6 month on its own.

The 3.0 should last 6 month easily.

The Spritz should be used more like a booster, but I believe it can last month or 2 on its own.

Setec Astronomy
10-12-2012, 08:09 AM
Sheesh, if WDGPS lasts that long, I'd better try my sample!

Ryry11
10-12-2012, 08:21 AM
I applied wgdgps for the first time back in April, first time using it...didnt read up totally on it, applied one coat, dew settled on it before it had the 12-24 hour cure time, and the paint still beaded like mad before I applied more of it just a couple weeks ago. Granted it was the summer months it lasted through, but the car sits outside 24/7. Wgdgps is awesome stuff

FUNX650
10-12-2012, 08:58 AM
If this is true:
-Most LSP's...except for, perhaps, the Coatings...offer around, initially, just a few millionths
of an inch thickness of: "protection"---as I'll call it...
when their proper application/removal have been employed/engendered by the end-user.

Then it would seem, to me, that:
-[And going by the less you 'touch'<<(~M.P.) an LSP (such as haze-removal buffing, for example)]

-A properly applied/no-removal-per se, WOWA LSP-product should be more able to afford that:
around a few millionths inch thickness of protection...

-Moreso...than a WOWO LSP-product whose: around a few millionths inch thickness of protection...
is more user-dependent---application/and removal-tools/processes/methods/etc., so to say.

IMO...
The same principal, in part, may also be applicable to those among us that finds joy in layering/topping.

:)

Bob

Benziez
10-16-2012, 12:51 AM
Hi guys.. noob here... just asking... can i applied two coats of Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant 3.0 & another 2 coats of Wolfgang Liquid Seal & then fuzion?

cleanmycorolla
10-16-2012, 01:42 AM
Hi guys.. noob here... just asking... can i applied two coats of Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant 3.0 & another 2 coats of Wolfgang Liquid Seal & then fuzion?

overkill

Benziez
10-17-2012, 12:19 AM
overkill

Hi Corolla, overkill means not advisable?