PDA

View Full Version : Xmt 360

dirtyboy
04-19-2007, 02:39 PM
This may have been already asked, but I just received my bottle of XMT 360 and plan to use it tomorrow on the wife's Crossfire. This is a new car but I have noticed some minor swirl marks in the finish (the delaer already "prepped" it before we bought it).
I have the edge pads, so which color pad should I use and will one pass be enough? I plan to top it off with souveran paste.

Also another stupid question, the white pad I recieved with the bottle, what is the black side used for?

budman3
04-19-2007, 02:51 PM
I would use a polishing pad- white, or green at most...

As for the white pad- that is a hook and loop pad which you use a backing plate on the PC where the Edge Adaptor goes. The back of your pad is velcro which connects to the backing plate. So since you have the Edge system, the pad is useless..

Gary Sword
04-19-2007, 03:06 PM
The 360 will take out the minor swirls marks.

HighEndDetail
04-19-2007, 03:43 PM
I have used both a green and yellow edge pad with the XMT 360. Both turned out great. What color is the crossfire, since it is new. Try the white pad, then go from there

dirtyboy
04-19-2007, 04:27 PM
The Crossfire is white. I will try the white pad first and see how it looks, if necessary I will use thr green pad. Thanks all for the response. I will tackle this tomorrow if the weather cooperates. Post some pics when I'm done.