PDA

View Full Version : Your favorite polish/compound

Whitethunder46
04-19-2007, 02:21 PM
Simple, what is your favorite compound/polish and why? Have you or can you use it in the sun.

I've only used OC/OP and XMT4-1. XMT 4 and OC seems to leave a lot of marring, then again, it may be the Edge yellow pad. :confused:

I'm really thinking about picking up some Menzerna PO106FF

greg'sgoat
04-19-2007, 02:24 PM
I use all the Optimum stuff. OPS, OP, OC OHC. I have samples of some other stuff, but prefer the Optimum.

And a compound with the heavist cut pad will leave some marring.

Whitethunder46
04-19-2007, 02:29 PM
I keep running into problems taking out marring from the cutting pad.

What have any of you found to work best?

I used XMT3 with a green pad and that worked pretty well, it just seems like it's too strong though.

Surfer
04-19-2007, 02:37 PM
I love OP and OC, even with a edge cutting pad OC finishes down nicely for me.

budman3
04-19-2007, 02:39 PM
SSR2.5

I only use polishing pads when I am polishing just because of your issues, the micromarring. No matter what, if you use an agressive pad, you'll leave micromarring, which could be difficult to remove sometimes. With a polishing pad and SSR2.5, you can remove all but the worst swirl marks (which may need a rotary to remove). It can be used in the sun, its easy to use, and won't dust if you use it right (no QD priming, no cutting pad, use right amount of polish, etc.). I suggest you try it out sometime with a polishing pad... you can easily go right to LSP after compounding....

ASPHALT ROCKET
04-19-2007, 02:47 PM
The yellow pad is causing your problem, I have tried over 20 different polishes/combos and I keep going back to the Menzerna line to get the job done.

Al-53
04-19-2007, 02:57 PM
My Favorites are Menzerna....Hi Temp...3M .....I have used others but these work best for me with a orange...white or green pad...never needed a yellow cut pad...mostly use a polishing pad..except when paint is real bad i will go orange or green....I use LC pads also...

Also a blue pad for Menzerna PO85RD..for the final finish...like a mirror...

Al