PDA

View Full Version : Pinnicle Foam Applicator. How To Clean???

trhland
04-19-2007, 02:18 PM
how Do I Clean These??

ASPHALT ROCKET
04-19-2007, 02:43 PM
If you are talking about the yellow ones I just throw them away since they are so cheap in bulk.

alban61
04-19-2007, 02:48 PM
I am probably one of the few who cleans them. I usually just use Dawn and rinse them out well. Sometimes I even use XMT Pad Cleaner.

ltoman
04-19-2007, 03:13 PM
Oh gosh, the Meg's ones say they are washable right on the package - I throw them in the machine with my pads and they come out fine. Use micro-restore or whatever like that. Not by itself, of course - that would be ridiculous.

Al-53
04-19-2007, 03:29 PM
get some Dawn Power Disolver...put a little squirt on it and wash by hand in the sink..that stuff will take collinite out of the pads....great pad cleaner..just use a little...

Al

alban61
04-19-2007, 03:35 PM
get some Dawn Power Disolver...put a little squirt on it and wash by hand in the sink..that stuff will take collinite out of the pads....great pad cleaner..just use a little...

Al
Thanks, Al!! I had to use both XMT pad cleaner, and Dawn a few times before I got the Collinite 845 out of my new red CCS applicator pads! I wasn't throwing those babies out!

Gary Sword
04-19-2007, 04:13 PM
After each time I wax I throw them in a small bucket of soaping water and wash them out. Sometimes I even throw them in the washing machine. When they start to get bad I just throw them out.

Jimmie
04-19-2007, 04:25 PM
I probably get 6 to 10 cleanings/uses out of one and then it starts to sluff off a little foam and turn a little darker. That's when I toss it.

trhland
04-19-2007, 05:16 PM
thanks!! Guys:d

klumzypinoy
04-20-2007, 03:03 AM

Al

Would the Dawn Power Dissolver rinse out clean off the foam pads? I wouldn't want any residue in em :).

BTW I use micro-restore. I just soak em in a bucket of micro-restore over night and agitate next day, then soak them for a little bit in clean water to rinse the micro-restore out and lay them flat on my Grit Guard to dry :).

orngez
04-20-2007, 03:48 AM
dawn power dissolver works great at cleaning the pads but i find it very difficult to fully rinse out...

P1et
04-20-2007, 08:29 AM
My problem is mold. When I was my pads and put them in the bags, they sometimes start to mold as they aren't entirely dry. Lessons learned...

greg'sgoat
04-20-2007, 09:52 AM
Would the Dawn Power Dissolver rinse out clean off the foam pads? I wouldn't want any residue in em :).

BTW I use micro-restore. I just soak em in a bucket of micro-restore over night and agitate next day, then soak them for a little bit in clean water to rinse the micro-restore out and lay them flat on my Grit Guard to dry :).

Sounds almost I identical to my process, except I scrub with a little dawn and XMT cleaner combo, then soak in Micro-restore over night and a clean rinse the next day. Works great. Even got paint of one of my pads from a single stage painted car.