PDA

View Full Version : Question about EXO

Ryry11
10-10-2012, 12:55 PM
I applied gtechniq exo to my daily driver about a month and a half ago, and my question is does anyone know if using anything other than the c1.5 to maintain the coating will affect the water sheeting/beading properties of it? Can't seem to find anything on it, I was just curious because I tend to want to do a qd wipedown after I wash, and I don't want to alter the protection of the exo in anyway

TrKent
10-10-2012, 01:16 PM
I applied gtechniq exo to my daily driver about a month and a half ago, and my question is does anyone know if using anything other than the c1.5 to maintain the coating will affect the water sheeting/beading properties of it? Can't seem to find anything on it, I was just curious because I tend to want to do a qd wipedown after I wash, and I don't want to alter the protection of the exo in anyway

I have applied EXO to 3 vehicles, none of which I am maintaining. However, I will be applying it to my car which hasn't been built yet (Ford production delay) I plan on using Gtechniq C2 (not available from Autogeek right now) which can be diluted 1:20. C1.5 cannot be diluted.

Another option I have considered is Meguiar's Final Inspection. It is a quick detailer that does not contain any silicone and, as far as i know, would not leave behind enough "protection" to mess with EXO

Ryry11
10-10-2012, 01:37 PM
Yea that's what I'm looking for is something that won't mess with the protection. Exo is unbelievable IMO, never used anything that beads and sheets water like it does, and I don't want to compromise it. Even though I use a leaf blower to dry it after I wash and it's basically spot free from just that, I just like trying new products out :p plus I've used the c1.5 once on a different car and it streaked like crazy, but that was my fault I think. Used too much and the surface was warm

TrKent
10-10-2012, 02:05 PM
Yea that's what I'm looking for is something that won't mess with the protection. Exo is unbelievable IMO, never used anything that beads and sheets water like it does, and I don't want to compromise it. Even though I use a leaf blower to dry it after I wash and it's basically spot free from just that, I just like trying new products out :p plus I've used the c1.5 once on a different car and it streaked like crazy, but that was my fault I think. Used too much and the surface was warm

PM'd you about C2! EXO is amazing, its self-cleaning abilities are like nothing I've ever seen. This thread has a video I recently made of one of the vehicles I used EXO on: http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/show-n-shine/56079-forest-green-jeep-video-21-hrs-exo.html