PDA

View Full Version : Helping with a DA purchase

Pages : [1] 2

Eandras
10-10-2012, 12:20 PM
I receive some private messages from members asking about the PC 7242, Griots 6" and the Flex. I know when investing in a polisher most people are researching the polishers and become overwhelm by the choices that are out their.

I just suggested to a forum member to try and reach out to other members in his area to se if he could try the unit out to help make the decision. I would be willing to assist anyone who is sane and balanced to allow the person a chance to use the unit with me. So I just want to know how the members feel about letting a perfect stranger stop by and try a polisher out.

If other members are willing to help out we can start a thread were everyone list the polishers they have and their location so a member can contact the person and make arrangements. The only requirements are that all members must remain safe an Demetrius times must accommodate the member that is offering the service to try the unit.

If this is a bad idea this thread should be closed.

Ed

BobbyG
10-10-2012, 12:24 PM
Hi Ed,

Great idea!

Letting a forum member try a tool or polisher is a great way to promote friendship along with some real hands on experience.... There's nothing wrong with each one teach one...

stibuki
10-10-2012, 12:44 PM
Excellent idea Ed. I have done this in the past with other types of products on car related forums. Especially anything that is is best evaluated hands-on.

An opinion even from a well respected and knowledgeable person is still just that an opinion. What works for me my not work at all for others. Bonus...an opportunity to meet like minded people is always welcome.

Evan.J
10-10-2012, 01:27 PM
I'm in on this idea. It would be great to do as I'm looking to try a flex before i drop the money on one.

Good thinking Ed

AutowerxDetailing
10-10-2012, 01:43 PM
I have no problem with this idea. Sherwood, OR. PM if you wanna try a PCXP or Dewalt 849X. On your car not mine. ;)

Wheelzntoys
10-10-2012, 02:04 PM
Chula Vista: flex PE; GG DA and soon Meg's DA

Old Tiger
10-10-2012, 02:20 PM
Upstate SC. I let my pal A-Train, Adam my Flex 3401 and I think my Dewalt 849X too. I told him the Flex is an acquired taste. He tried it and didnt care for it. I am glad I saved him the $$. I traded him my GG for hiss PC because he needed the extra power and with the Flex, Ididnt need the extra power . This was after I had tried Optimum MF pads on the Flex. I have the latest Megs G110 V2, 3" GG and a Cyclo too. I use all and enjoy them all too.

Kinalyx
10-10-2012, 02:34 PM
I would love to find someone in houston with a flex i could try out. Im really interested, but i would be really upset if i dropped the cash and hated it like a few others.

Shawn

Rsurfer
10-10-2012, 02:41 PM
Upstate SC. I let my pal A-Train, Adam my Flex 3401 and I think my Dewalt 849X too. I told him the Flex is an acquired taste. He tried it and didnt care for it. I am glad I saved him the $$. I traded him my GG for hiss PC because he needed the extra power and with the Flex, Ididnt need the extra power . This was after I had tried Optimum MF pads on the Flex. I have the latest Megs G110 V2, 3" GG and a Cyclo too. I use all and enjoy them all too.

Jim your like BobbyG, a machine whoore.:props:

Old Tiger
10-10-2012, 02:48 PM
I am a junkie indeed! I want a light rotary next!

Rsurfer
10-10-2012, 03:07 PM
I am a junkie indeed! I want a light rotary next!
I see a Flex PE in your future. Light, quiet and smooth.:dblthumb2:

dad07
10-10-2012, 04:47 PM
I like this Idea!

Southeast Charlotte,Monroe NC area.

GG6
PCXP
makita rotary
HF rotary
and after this weekend the new HFda.

Eandras
10-10-2012, 06:13 PM
So since I started the thread I am in Pompton Lakes, NJ which is in Passaic County in the Northern Part of the state. I am about 15 minutes from Rockland County line and literally 20 minutes from the George Washington Bridge.

I have the following units:

Flex 3401VRC with a 6" backing Plate and the 4 7/8" backing plate
Griots 6" with 6" backing plate and a 5" backing plate
PC 7242 XP with 5" backing plate
Griots 3" with 2 7/8" backing plate.

I am available on Saturdays and Sundays just PM a week before and we can arrange time based on availability.

Ed.

BobbyG
10-10-2012, 07:15 PM

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :props:

He who has the most tools in the end wins!! :dblthumb2:

You know, I've really had my eye on the new Makita polisher..... :props:

Eandras
10-10-2012, 07:17 PM
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :props:

He who has the most tools in the end wins!! :dblthumb2:

You know, I've really had my eye on the new Makita polisher..... :props:

It should be who knows how to use those tools. Just because you have them doesn't mean you can use them. :buffing: