PDA

View Full Version : What wax/sealant for new single stage paint?

Pages : [1] 2

jdscooby
10-10-2012, 10:00 AM
I just had my 76 F250 HiBoy repainted, original color single stage paint. It has had time to cure and now it is time to put a coat of wax/sealant on it. Looking for recommendations form the board. I currently have Wolgang products and also have some XMT 360. Also pad recommendations for my Flex 3401. Thanks in advance.

Here are a few pics.

http://i531.photobucket.com/albums/dd357/jdscooby/Truck/IMG_0711.jpg

http://i531.photobucket.com/albums/dd357/jdscooby/Truck/IMG_0712.jpg

http://i531.photobucket.com/albums/dd357/jdscooby/Truck/IMG_0710.jpg

yakky
10-10-2012, 10:03 AM
Megs #26 is awesome on single stage. PS is another albeit more expensive choice.

Mike@DedicatedPerfection
10-10-2012, 10:10 AM
Great looking old pickup you have there.

I would put #7 as well as #26 on it.

The Moose
10-10-2012, 10:53 AM
That truck is awesome...

ShaunD
10-10-2012, 11:12 AM
I would say if it needs any light correction then XMT360 would be a great choice since it will be sealed at the same time. If the truck has been sitting outside at all then I would def rec the 360. Just make sure to use only a light polishing pad as not to pull too much paint off. Otherwise I would say go with a quality sealant over waxing it first go around. What Wolfgang LSP products do you have?

Zwolf
10-10-2012, 11:15 AM
Nice truck!!! Don't see many of them around anymore. Hardly any in that shape! I like dare I say zaino for the durability. But have used duragloss as well. So far it has held up very nice for this 5 months.

jdscooby
10-10-2012, 11:18 AM
I would say if it needs any light correction then XMT360 would be a great choice since it will be sealed at the same time. If the truck has been sitting outside at all then I would def rec the 360. Just make sure to use only a light polishing pad as not to pull too much paint off. Otherwise I would say go with a quality sealant over waxing it first go around. What Wolfgang LSP products do you have?

It has been garaged and only needs some very light correction. I have WDGPS, Total Swirl Remover, Finishing Glaze

jdscooby
10-10-2012, 11:23 AM
Great looking old pickup you have there.

I would put #7 as well as #26 on it.

That truck is awesome...

Thank You

jdscooby
10-10-2012, 11:26 AM
Nice truck!!! Don't see many of them around anymore. Hardly any in that shape! I like dare I say zaino for the durability. But have used duragloss as well. So far it has held up very nice for this 5 months.

Thank You. It was in pretyy great shape when I picked it up a couple years ago. Just did some very minor bodywork and paint. Did not want to get too carried away as it will be used. Nedd to get some protection on it as deer and elk season are comming up.

These pics were the day I picked it up from paint. I need to get some updated ones as I have put new white spokes with chrome center caps and lugs on. Also put in new carpet and had seat upholstered.

Mike Phillips
10-10-2012, 12:31 PM
It has been garaged and only needs some very light correction. I have WDGPS, Total Swirl Remover, Finishing Glaze

All of these will not only work great but will give the paint a deep, wet shine...

Since it's brand new you don't need to try to restore the richness of color but for a maintenance product into the future, get a bottle of #7 Show Car Glaze and either hand or machine apply it.

M26 over #7 is a long time favorite of people that own single stage paint jobs.

Thank You. It was in pretty great shape when I picked it up a couple years ago. Just did some very minor bodywork and paint. Did not want to get too carried away as it will be used. Need to get some protection on it as deer and elk season are coming up.

These pics were the day I picked it up from paint. I need to get some updated ones as I have put new white spokes with chrome center caps and lugs on. Also put in new carpet and had seat upholstered.

I love it!

That's a real truck made with real steel and straight axles front and rear. It has a solid design engine, transmission and transfercase as well as a time proven braking system.

It actually a LOT of truck and if it's made it this far then in the right hands it's going to keep on going and going and going...

I'll bet you get a lot of thumbs-up when driving this beast around...

:dblthumb2:

ihaveacamaro
10-10-2012, 12:42 PM

With the products you have, I would go with XMT 360 on light polishing pad, followed by a couple coats of the Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant :xyxthumbs:

jdscooby
10-10-2012, 12:46 PM
All of these will not only work great but will give the paint a deep, wet shine...

Since it's brand new you don't need to try to restore the richness of color but for a maintenance product into the future, get a bottle of #7 Show Car Glaze and either hand or machine apply it.

M26 over #7 is a long time favorite of people that own single stage paint jobs.

I love it!

That's a real truck made with real steel and straight axles front and rear. It has a solid design engine, transmission and transfercase as well as a time proven braking system.

It actually a LOT of truck and if it's made it this far then in the right hands it's going to keep on going and going and going...

I'll bet you get a lot of thumbs-up when driving this beast around...

:dblthumb2:

Thanks for the input Mike.

Actually I get more compliments and thumbs up driving this over the Shelby

yakky
10-10-2012, 01:16 PM
I think a lot of people posting recommendations for modern sealants have never enjoyed how good #7+M26 look on SS Red. It'll make you want to get rid of your clearcoat.

dad07
10-10-2012, 03:52 PM
I think a lot of people posting recommendations for modern sealants have never enjoyed how good #7+M26 look on SS Red. It'll make you want to get rid of your clearcoat.

:iagree:M7 andM26....M7 will keep that new paint nurished....and the 26 will keep it protected.

NICE Truck!

jdscooby
10-10-2012, 04:21 PM
So looks like the concensus is #7&26. Which pad for the Flex? White, Blue LC CCS as I have these or something else?