PDA

View Full Version : Time between coats of Klasse?

Snowdrifter
10-09-2012, 11:12 PM
As the title suggests... I'm putting on 2 coats of Klasse SG and I'm wondering how long I should wait before applying a second coat. I put one on about 3 hours ago. Can I apply another one now? In 12 hours? 24 hours?

ShineMyCar
10-10-2012, 10:39 AM
As the title suggests... I'm putting on 2 coats of Klasse SG and I'm wondering how long I should wait before applying a second coat. I put one on about 3 hours ago. Can I apply another one now? In 12 hours? 24 hours?

I think the instructions said "at least" 8-12 hours between coats. You want it to fully cure before putting on another coat. 3 hours isn't enough time. 24 hours and you are golden. I just separated the coats by daylight and come in somewhere in between 12- 24 hrs.

ScottB
10-10-2012, 05:59 PM
8-24 hours is best depending on environment.

R Swanson
11-14-2012, 06:38 PM
I only have enough time to put on a coat once a week. Is it ok to wash the car, Iron X, clay and then apply the 2nd coat? In theory, I could do this weekly till I get the shine I want?

TroyScherer
11-14-2012, 06:56 PM
I only have enough time to put on a coat once a week. Is it ok to wash the car, Iron X, clay and then apply the 2nd coat? In theory, I could do this weekly till I get the shine I want?

After the first coat, I would just wash it and then apply your next coat. The claying will remove some of the Klasse so that is out. And you should need to use IronX every week. I have used it after 6 months and had almost no interaction sice I keep my vehicles well maintained.

R Swanson
11-14-2012, 07:03 PM
So even the fine clay will strip the Klasse Glaze? I'm afraid that since my car isn't garaged, I would get deposits in the paint between coats. So sounds like I just got wash maybe once during the week to ensure nothing embeds in the paint?

TroyScherer
11-14-2012, 07:36 PM
So even the fine clay will strip the Klasse Glaze? I'm afraid that since my car isn't garaged, I would get deposits in the paint between coats. So sounds like I just got wash maybe once during the week to ensure nothing embeds in the paint?

That's how I would approach it personaly. In my experience any abrasion such as clay will have some effect on your sealant.

R Swanson
11-14-2012, 09:52 PM
Thanks for the help

Sent from my cm_tenderloin using Tapatalk 2