PDA

View Full Version : clay / elastrofoam / or speedy surface prep towel

primo spaghetti
10-09-2012, 07:48 PM
ive only used the Megs clay before, but im considering shifting away from clay since i need to get some new stuff.

any thoughts on elastrofoam or the speedy surface prep towel?

ArkayoDeetayo
10-09-2012, 08:36 PM
Speedy Prep is the newest tech along with the HD Scrubber pad, but I would only invest in something like that if I was doing many cars, if you doing your own personal cars ~1-5, I would say Elastrofoam is good enough.

If you do decide to go the Elastrofoam way, I would look at the Chemical Guys website, they have something called the Clay Block, which is half the price of the Elastrofoam one but it is the same item. Hope that helps

primo spaghetti
10-09-2012, 09:26 PM
great thanks man...

stibuki
10-09-2012, 10:02 PM
I own and use them all but I will say this once you have used the speedy surface prep towel you won't look back! Clay still has its place for the hard to reach areas but for speed and ease of use it's hard to beat the towel. The entrance fee is high but the time savings more than make up for the cost.

drbobbybones
10-09-2012, 10:05 PM
Just be careful with the Elastrofoam one. I "primed" it by claying the glass on my cars. The first body panel I used it on needed a polish afterwards because of some slight micromarring. It's gotten better since, but I still think clay is much more gentle.