PDA

View Full Version : WG Liquid Seal - First Try

addysdaddy
10-07-2012, 03:10 PM
Well, just finished apply a fourth coat of the new WG Liquid Seal-waiting at least 2 hrs between applications. Outstanding results imo. Very glossy and slick to the touch, which seems to increase with each subsequent layer. I didn't do a head to head comparison with it's BF twin sister, but.... I would recommend either product and if one is on sale, go with that. Here are a few pix. I cannot emphasize enough how easy these products are to apply and what fantastic results you get with virtually no application effort. The hardest part of the whole process is not hitting the pump spray a dozen times per panel.

http://addysdaddy.zenfolio.com/img/s4/v64/p1175725022-4.jpg

http://addysdaddy.zenfolio.com/img/s2/v53/p1175725044-4.jpg

http://addysdaddy.zenfolio.com/img/s2/v58/p1175724526-4.jpg

I didn't mention it but I washed, clayed and KAIO with a LC Flat White Pad, final wipe down with Menzerna Top Inspection THEN 4 coats of WGLS. Tried the LC-HT Crimson Pad first but honestly, didn't work as well as the flat white pad. Needed just a little cut since this car is my daily driver and sits out all the time during the work week. After the using the white pad, paint easily past the plastic baggie test.

Nick McKees37
10-08-2012, 09:03 AM
http://addysdaddy.zenfolio.com/img/s2/v53/p1175725044-4.jpg

Car looks great. :dblthumb2:

addysdaddy
10-08-2012, 09:48 AM
Thanks Nick and thanks for all the help (as usual) :dblthumb2: Car is really looking great at this point.

Setec Astronomy
10-08-2012, 10:00 AM
Yow, that's some pop from white!

The_2nd_G
10-08-2012, 10:00 AM
Great job and great car. Which shade of Audi white is that? It's hard to tell from the pictures.

Mike@DedicatedPerfection
10-08-2012, 10:25 AM
Man that is a lot of pop from white. Image it on black. I think I might have to add this to my collection.

Sunshyne
10-08-2012, 11:07 AM
is this the same stuff that's called the 11 minute sealant from BF?

Nick McKees37
10-08-2012, 11:13 AM
is this the same stuff that's called the 11 minute sealant from BF?

Same type of product - spray on, walk away paint sealant.

addysdaddy
10-08-2012, 01:08 PM
The Audi color is called Ibis White - aka Refrigerator White. It's pure flat white paint and yes, very very difficult to get it to pop. I've tried many difficult waxes and sealant and nothing - I mean NOTHING yields a wetter/glossier final product-thank u Nick. :urtheman:

The WG version "might" leave a glossier look the it's twin BFCS, but I need to live with it a bit longer. Also the first time I'm applied 4 coats of the sealant. In the past I've only applied 3 coats of the BFCS and that looks amazing. The paint this morning feels extra slick and it truly is exceptionally glossy. Even my Mrs. made a comment which is something at this point she never does. Since AG is running the sales promo on the WG version, I would suggest you go for the 8 oz bottle while you can. I'm very old school when it comes to my LSP but holy smokes Batman, this stuff is crazy good. Once you try this WOWA product, you'll never use anything else. And don't worry about longevity, it's sooooo bloody easy to apply, you'll do it every other month, if not more. On a scale of 1-10, it's an 11.

BorisC
10-08-2012, 03:15 PM
That white has been growing more & more on me lately. Especially when it looks like that. I can't wait to use these new WG products that are just sitting there staring at me, seems like it rains whenever I plan to use them.

LF911PCR
10-08-2012, 03:27 PM
Same type of product - spray on, walk away paint sealant.

Nick,
I just purchased a bottle..can't wait to try it out this weekend...
Can you apply Liquid Seal to rubber??
In your video you mention paint, trim/plastic, metal....just wondering about rubber.

Thanks.

swanicyouth
10-08-2012, 04:03 PM
I plan on putting down 2 coats of this stuff and topping it with Fuzion. Is 2 hours the wait time ???

Nick McKees37
10-08-2012, 04:16 PM
Nick,
I just purchased a bottle..can't wait to try it out this weekend...
Can you apply Liquid Seal to rubber??
In your video you mention paint, trim/plastic, metal....just wondering about rubber.

Thanks.

Yes. :dblthumb2:

I plan on putting down 2 coats of this stuff and topping it with Fuzion. Is 2 hours the wait time ???

1 hour is all it takes!