PDA

View Full Version : A black car question!

bigbadbp7
10-07-2012, 09:36 PM
I do not have enough time to order from autogeek! I need to do a one step polish on a black car just to clean it up a bit for the guy since he is not paying for the full 2-3 step polish. So I was wondering would m105 on maybe a white ccs pad be okay and not leave maring? I'm still pretty green to detailing. He knows I am not going to get all the imperfections out. I do want to make a significant difference.

Products I have are m105, 205, I do have some Megs dual action also. I have asortment of every CCS pad. I will be using my GG6.

rider9195
10-07-2012, 09:47 PM
I would start out with M205 on an orange pad as it should cut swirls and not leave micro marring.

Eandras
10-07-2012, 09:54 PM
Why not use the McGuiars DA system. It should clean up a lot for,you with minimal marring.

bigbadbp7
10-07-2012, 10:01 PM
Why not use the McGuiars DA system. It should clean up a lot for,you with minimal marring.
The Daul action polish? Or The microfiber system? Like I said I do not have time to order anything.

AutowerxDetailing
10-08-2012, 12:27 AM

The Meg's MF system (pads and D300 compound) is GREAT for one-step correction jobs where the paint really needs a heavy cutting compound but you don't have time for multiple steps. Also, D300 on a foam polishing pad is magic.

Shane731
10-08-2012, 01:34 AM
Maybe give this a try? I have a sample of it myself but haven't found opportunity to use it. Just make sure if you use a product like this that the customer knows he is not getting a full correction - only a temporary fix. You can put a wax or sealant on top for longer lasting results.

Chemical Guys Glossworkz Glaze (http://www.autogeek.net/chemical-guys-glossworkz-glaze.html)

jd56
10-24-2012, 07:35 AM
I see this was posted a few weeks ago, but I used the megs da correction system the other day on a black Solstice, with amazing results.