PDA

View Full Version : Opticoated my rims...

sportscarhiatus
10-07-2012, 04:22 PM
Since I just got my winter rims last week, I am debating when to mount them. I can't wait to see them on. Anyways, I thought I would use this weekend to opticoat my rims before I put them on. I will be doing this on all my rims, but I thought I would try them with the winter set.

I cleaned it off with Power Clean, rinsed, dried... then just went to town. About 4 drops to prime the applicator, then a couple drops or so, per side, per rim. Easy peasy. Hardly any high spots that I could see. I did all 4 in about 15 minutes. I hope this will last all winter and beyond, and help reduce the chances of brake dust and crud sticking and oxidizing.

Anyone have any experiences they want to share on OC 2.0 and rims?

p.s. I was thinking about putting Opticoat on my clear bra.... hmmmmmm anyone done that before?

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b394/pookie_wookie/DSC_0002-2.jpg

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b394/pookie_wookie/DSC_0003-4.jpg

ALL DONE!!!

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b394/pookie_wookie/DSC_0004-2.jpg

ihaveacamaro
10-07-2012, 04:34 PM
I think I've read a post about someone opticoating their clear bra. The point of the post was to say that it was possible, but not if it had stayed durable or showed beading characteristics.

BobbyG
10-07-2012, 04:41 PM
Very nice looking set of wheels! :dblthumb2:

I polished the wheels on my truck then protected them with a nice coat of Optimum Opti-Coat 2.0 and talk about glow! I particularly like how easy they are to clean and they don't seem to get that dirty between washings...:props:

Nice work! :dblthumb2:

Klasse Act
10-07-2012, 04:44 PM
What are those winter wheels going on, they look too nice for winter duty!

Sent from my SPH-M930 using AG Online

ScottB
10-07-2012, 06:11 PM
nice choice ..

sportscarhiatus
10-07-2012, 07:20 PM
I think I've read a post about someone opticoating their clear bra. The point of the post was to say that it was possible, but not if it had stayed durable or showed beading characteristics.

Yeah hopefully there's a benefit. Right now I put a sealant on it, so I was essentially looking for a sturdy version of it to last the winter...remove the specks in spring easier.

Very nice looking set of wheels! :dblthumb2:

I polished the wheels on my truck then protected them with a nice coat of Optimum Opti-Coat 2.0 and talk about glow! I particularly like how easy they are to clean and they don't seem to get that dirty between washings...:props:

Nice work! :dblthumb2:

I agree...thanks Bobby.hopefully spring cleanup will be easier.

What are those winter wheels going on, they look too nice for winter duty!

Sent from my SPH-M930 using AG Online

They are Drag DR34s. They're nice but still relatively cheap, so I don't mind of they are winter rims. My OEMS are pricier.

nice choice ..

Thanks Scott

DaveT435
10-07-2012, 07:34 PM
They are Drag DR34s. They're nice but still relatively cheap, so I don't mind of they are winter rims. My OEMS are pricier.

Discount Direct???

sportscarhiatus
10-07-2012, 09:13 PM
Discount Direct???

Yes sir.... Better than tire rack IMO. Great customer service, and cheaper by several hundred bucks. Good place to get winter rims. For my good summer rims, I will look elsewhere.

DaveT435
10-07-2012, 10:20 PM
Yes sir.... Better than tire rack IMO. Great customer service, and cheaper by several hundred bucks. Good place to get winter rims. For my good summer rims, I will look elsewhere.

I spent a lot of years with Discount Tire. 28 to be exact. Great company to work for. I would still be there if it weren't for my back issues...